Imaginary friends ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fnaar said:
I have a group of imaginary friends... we write messages that each other can see, some to do with our favourite hobby, cycling, and others about tea, or planning to take a jersey all round the uk... I'm not sure if they're real people or not, but ....:smile:

Dammit, Fnaar, I was going to say more or less that...:sad:

Trusty - in one post you say you can't understand the concept, and then provide a perfectly rational explanation for it!

It seems to be a fairly common phase - I don't remember me or my sister having one, but lots of kids do. Perhaps it's just a stage some kids need to go through in order to develop social relationships etc. Perhaps the rest of us manage it some other way that has less external action....

Mind you, Tynan's story... that is... uncanny!

Pecan

My daughter had an imaginary friend when she was about 3. His name was David and she could always tell you exactly where he was and what he was doing - sometimes he was miles away, sometimes in the same room.

Anyway, one day she announced very solemnly that David was dead. We all sympathised and said this was very sad news indeed. 'Oh no' she said, 'It's not sad, I have another friend now, and HIS name is Dave, he's upstairs on the toilet'!

Don't know what happened to Dave, didn't hear much about him after that.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Pecan said:
My daughter had an imaginary friend when she was about 3. His name was David and she could always tell you exactly where he was and what he was doing - sometimes he was miles away, sometimes in the same room.

Anyway, one day she announced very solemnly that David was dead. We all sympathised and said this was very sad news indeed. 'Oh no' she said, 'It's not sad, I have another friend now, and HIS name is Dave, he's upstairs on the toilet'!

Don't know what happened to Dave, didn't hear much about him after that.

Perhaps he's STILL on the toilet?:smile:

yenrod

Fnaar said:
I have a group of imaginary friends... we write messages that each other can see, some to do with our favourite hobby, cycling, and others about tea, or planning to take a jersey all round the uk... I'm not sure if they're real people or not, but ....:biggrin:

I play every night...!

:smile:

Top Bottom