Imperial century etiquete

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VamP

Banned
Last Friday I rode up to Warwickshire to visit my mum. I set off from Weybridge in the morning, to my place of work in Bracknell (16.5 miles). After work I set off from Bracknell, and rode to Leamington Spa (93.7 miles).

Does this count as a century ride, or two separate rides of 16.5 and 93.7 miles?

This is obviously of purely theoretical interest, unless you all reckon it's two separate rides, in which case I am going to be deeply gutted ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
2 rides I would say. It's too much of a gap imo

I could do the same, ie count my commute (there and back) and tonight's FNRttC, but I count them as 3 separate rides.

Sorry.....

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I agree. There's a bit of difference between stops on a long ride, and stops between long (and not so long) rides.

martint235

Dog on a bike
So how come an audax '600' with an overnight sleep somewhere isn't considered an xxx plus a 600-xxx then? :whistle:
Because it's designed to be done in a set time I think. Plus you don't have to sleep, you could do it properly in one go...... :whistle:

Back OT, I agree with the others. I think a day at work is too long a gap. I'm not sure at what point a gap changes from being allowed to not allowed though. I mean I'll have breakfast after tonight's FNRttC but I'll still count it as one ride of 150 odd miles when I get home.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What do you mean by non-linked?

ie Work commute and an organised ride, audax, sportive etc or a planned ride like your visit to your mum's.

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
ie Work commute and an organised ride, audax, sportive etc or a planned ride like your visit to your mum's.

OK

Technically it was linked as I rode from my house to my mum's house via work, but I get your point.

Top Bottom