Imperial century etiquete

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
Surely the only person who counts is you? If you think you've done something worth congratulating yourself on, congratulate yourself.

Well that's assuming that there's some kind of a satisfaction to be had in self-congratulation :smile:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
from the point you get up to the point you go to bed, any riding in between is part of a single day total....I would happily class it as a century ride and couldn't care less what anyone else thought

MacB

On that note I've never considered a commute as two seperate rides, I only ever record my overall total mileage and time. The only time I record 'seperate' rides on the same day is if they are on different bikes...I like to keep track of the mileage on the componentry :whistle:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
from the point you get up to the point you go to bed, any riding in between is part of a single day total....I would happily class it as a century ride and couldn't care less what anyone else thought

Which is fair enough Mac, but you have ridden 100+ miles in a day rather then undertaken a specific 100+ mile ride.
I think that is the point I/we are trying to make.

This is especially relevant to the 100 mile ride a month ride register.

MacB

Which is fair enough Mac, but you have ridden 100+ miles in a day rather then undertaken a specific 100+ mile ride.
I think that is the point I/we are trying to make.

This is especially relevant to the 100 mile ride a month ride register.

Do you have set parameters for the 100 mile a month club thingy? are there rules around length of stop permissable? minimum level of climbing? etc, etc.

If there are cash prizes or something then it needs policing otherwise it's just talking around a bit of willy/tit waving

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Do you have set parameters for the 100 mile a month club thingy? are there rules around length of stop permissable? minimum level of climbing? etc, etc.

If there are cash prizes or something then it needs policing otherwise it's just talking around a bit of willy/tit waving

It's not a club and It's completely willy/tit waving...

And here are the original register ride outlines from way back when.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Something else ill miss out on this month but, I'm keeping the 30th clear just in case ^_^

Finger crossed..:thumbsup:

Counts in my book. There's no difference between.

I rode a hundred miles today

and

I rode a hundred miles today

MacB

It's not a club and It's completely willy/tit waving...

And here are the original register ride outlines from way back when.

:biggrin: so stopping off at your own house negates the ride but going sightseeing in the middle is fine...pure bunkum

I do appreciate, and have participated in, the internet phenom of creating a make believe club, making up some rules and then sitting in judgement over who does and does not qualify...it is comedy gold. Particularly when people try to argue for a rule change rather than just lying :whistle:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
If you don't want to take part Mac B that's your business but do you need to be so disparaging about those of us that do?Common sense says doing a ride then spending all day in work before doing another ride is two rides not one. Congratulations to the OP for the achievment and also for being honest about it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
:biggrin: so stopping off at your own house negates the ride but going sightseeing in the middle is fine...pure bunkum

I do appreciate, and have participated in, the internet phenom of creating a make believe club, making up some rules and then sitting in judgement over who does and does not qualify...it is comedy gold. Particularly when people try to argue for a rule change rather than just lying :whistle:

Whatever Mac, simmer down bud... I didn't set the guidelines. I'm (and others) are just following them.
And it's not a make believe club or what ever you want to call it. No one is sitting in judgement or making up rules.
It's just simply a register for people who do a century ride a month, simple.

And there is nothing stopping someone setting up a 100 miles cycled in a day rather then a 100 mile ride register is there?

MacB

Ian and Banjo, guys come on, there's no need to take the bait, hook, line, rod and attempt to swallow the fishermen as well. I thought the smilies were a give away and I don't tend to suffer from being too subtle.

I almost feel like I've inadvertently dipped a toe in the water of commuting here :whistle:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Trouble is that to cover every eventuality with rules you would need hundreds of them.

Re the Audax comparison .You could sleep/work for 8 or 9 houirs on a 150km Audax provided you could pedal fast enough

to still finish in time ^_^. Theres no set minimum speed for the century a month register so its down to people to be honest about it and complete it as one ride over 100 miles.

Top Bottom