Implants

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Many moons ago,a young brother and sister took over from our old dentist.Revamped all the rooms new display cabinets decorated the staircase up to the place.I had one tooth taken out,he wanted to CROWN it at a cost of £300,i told him that was more than i earned in a week.Out i replied thank you.One tooth £300.

Not far from where I used to live when I worked at the Dental Hospital in Manchester, I guess your surgeon is Manchester based too?

Four weeks on @midlife from having the all on 4 (upper) and everything appears to be going well. No pain to speak of and they seem to be "knitting" well.

There was enough bone that the zygoma was not needed (scans initially inconclusive)

So glad (may be not my wallet) I have had it done and looking forward a few months to the permanent "teeth" and eating a whole french stick!!

Obviously have a bit of thinking time now, what is your opinion on the relative merits of going porcelain as opposed to the cheaper option?

midlife

Guru
Hi, sorry about the late reply, I've moved house and have lost track of quire a few things..... My memory being one!! I'll have a stab at a reply tomorrow :smile:

midlife

Guru
Four weeks on @midlife from having the all on 4 (upper) and everything appears to be going well. No pain to speak of and they seem to be "knitting" well.

There was enough bone that the zygoma was not needed (scans initially inconclusive)

So glad (may be not my wallet) I have had it done and looking forward a few months to the permanent "teeth" and eating a whole french stick!!

Obviously have a bit of thinking time now, what is your opinion on the relative merits of going porcelain as opposed to the cheaper option?

Hi,

Glad it all went well :smile:

I have to be very careful as you are strictly not my patient and the General Dental Council plus your "provider" could quite rightly sue me for a variety of misdemeanours if I post on your particular case despite having circa 20 years odd experience with fixed implant reconstructions. This is to protect you :smile:

However, I can post general / generic info to suggest that a reputable computer / CAD-CAM milled bar with a wrap round acrylic reconstruction is a pragmatic solution. I connected an "all on 4 this afternoon", albeit slightly different circumstances with a new mandible made from sections of leg bone !! using this technique and will have a projected 10-12-15 year life span before it needs refurbishment.

A well constructed titanium substructure (I use Createch in Spain, GC in Belgium and occasionally Nobel in New Jersey) with a good set of artificial teeth like SR Ivoclar PE (others are available) give a good reconstruction with a lifespan of 12-15 years and the titanium substructure is essentially for life with refurbishment as mentioned.

Sorry to not be more specific in your case but it's a bit tricky giving advice in the circumstances

Shaun

PS Quick check on the time spent on my all on 4 case today indicates that I get 200 quid in my pocket for the treatment I have provided for the restorative phase on the NHS....

Top Bottom