Impressed with J.E. James cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Ordered some tyres and stuff on the web late Friday night.Got an email yesterday saying would be delivered today before 4pm , just arrived (1pm).

Good price as well.

e-rider

crappy member
You must either work for them or be joking!

Search this forum for J E James and you'll discover that most people rate them as one of the worst on-line sellers out there!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Search this forum for J E James and you'll discover that most people rate them as one of the worst on-line sellers out there!

I've seen many negative comments about them but not used them myself. However, this forum does not reflect the world and they must be doing something right to have been around for 50 years.

I use Merlin Cycles a bit and they're also good, but I find that nobody is as efficient as Wiggle or Chain Reaction. The latter two are online businesses only, whereas others, are a online businesses run alongside the local bike shop. So if their shop is busy, their online business gets neglected.

I ordered a lid from them and they were actually very good.

The courier however couldn't have found his ar$e with both hands. He couldn't find our road (the A3) and when he did, delivered the package to another flat in the building only to come pick it up again an hour later. All this time the internet order tracking page said it had been signed for by a Mr Griggs, who is me.
I had to wait until the next day and cycle up to the depot to collect it and give the company a piece of my mind, but not so much as to leave myself short.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

tundragumski said:
You must either work for them or be joking!

Neither.Just a satisfied customer.Lucky i didnt search on here first .

Bandini

They were quick and customer service was great - but the courier they use is gash. I am a confirmed Royal Mail fan - you don't have to mess about or drive miles to a depot if you are out when the parcel arrives.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I've never had trouble with them and they are (or at least, were) a good place for last-years-giant bikes. Echo comments about the courier though.

Will1985

Über Member
I have to say, I used to slag them off but recently they have improved. The stock indicator is pretty accurate. My father has also called them up a few times to get himself a smaller chainring and they were very helpful apparently - 'ring was in one shop but it had to be at another before it could be posted...he received it 48 hours later.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The stock indicator was pants about 18 months ago - hopefully its improved.

S_t_e_v_e

Veteran
I ordered some tyres a few months back... was impressed I got an email saying my package would be delivered the following day, so I stayed in... but they werent delivered. JeJames promptly chased up the order with the courier and the package was delivered the following day (stayed in again...) as I waitied at the door, it took the driver 10 minutes to find my package at the back of the van... It was dirty and ripped.. (lucky it was tyres and pedals so no damage. I got the impression he couldnt be bothered to travel a few miles out of his way to make the delivery the previous day... I will not buy online from them again, I will call at the shop.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

automatic_jon said:
I rather get the feeling someone should them all of this and suggest they change their courier.

Just done that. I think they should at least be aware of whats being discussed here as it has a direct effect on their business.

Based on my one order with them I was impressed with the price, quickness of delivery and most importantly the emails telling me when to expect the delivery.I believe in making waves when let down by companies but also passing it on when I get good service as I did this time.

Top Bottom