Impreza's Dad Spotted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
During my allowed exercise today
(chose the most secluded/quiet route I could)

Subaru estate (mark 2)
1800 cc, if I remember?

Lower Mickletown
(outskirts of Methley)

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I had a couple of Subarus many years ago. Loved them but they were really heavy on fuel.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Always had a hankering for a Legacy in GTB Spec, sadly now stupid money for a decent import, and not sure I could justify another car...

I still quite like its grandad, the original DL estate, & remember seeing one in action at a local motoring exhibition
(probably Nostell Priory)

1600cc
front-wheel drive, with selectable rear drive

This shape
Sub2c.jpg

I had a couple of Subarus many years ago. Loved them but they were really heavy on fuel.
When I eventually sell the Octavia estate, I may consider an estate derivative

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Had loads of Subarus. Cool cars. Great cars. Pick up was a rotbox but could go anywhere. Had a number of those, and still have a pile of carcasses in a corner somewhere. Early Forester was immense, comfy and not bad on fuel. Little Justy was a mad awd roller skate that, with decent tyres, got up some real muck to get to remote places. 1.3 five speed Suzuki engine. Brilliant.

Oxford Dave

I had a Legacy estate, and, then it finally fell apart, an Impreza Sportswagon when I lived in Finland. I only sold the Impreza after 7 or 8 years hard use because it wasn't practical to bring it back to the UK with me. By far the best cars I've ever had.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Had loads of Subarus. Cool cars. Great cars. Pick up was a rotbox but could go anywhere. Had a number of those, and still have a pile of carcasses in a corner somewhere. Early Forester was immense, comfy and not bad on fuel. Little Justy was a mad awd roller skate that, with decent tyres, got up some real muck to get to remote places. 1.3 five speed Suzuki engine. Brilliant.

Wasn't it the Justy that had a red button atop the gear lever for the selectable 4WD, just like the ejector seat button in Bond's Aston Martin?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Best thing to do with a Subaru is take out the engine and stick it an old bug.

Top Bottom