Improvement.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I must be getting better at it as I can now manage some hills without going into the granny gear , like before( although it is only one gear up from the granny). My figure has not changed though and far from being slim, so my legs must be getting stronger. I really envy those guys who go up those hills seemingly effortlessly.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
It might just have been what you had eaten.

Yesterday morning I had a small bowl of corn flakes for breakfast. The commute was consistant at a good pace.
Today I had two weatabix for breakfast. The weather was exactly the same as yesterday but for the last 5 miles of the commute, I was blasting it down the shared path (obviously taking people safety into account). Before I sped up my average was at 15.5mph. When I arrived at college it had increased to 16.1mph. Does sound much but I was cruising at about 18mph to get it that high.

The same goes for hills. You might have just had a large boost of energy which made it seem easier.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Since March I've lost fat, as evidenced by my loose trouser waist. But I've gained two kilos, presumably on my legs, as evidenced by the heavy feeling when I walk and the fact that my trouser legs are tight. Also the hills I used to fear don't seem to last as long or cause me as much pain as they used to. It's a nice feeling.

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
Since March I've lost fat, as evidenced by my loose trouser waist. But I've gained two kilos, presumably on my legs, as evidenced by the heavy feeling when I walk and the fact that my trouser legs are tight. Also the hills I used to fear don't seem to last as long or cause me as much pain as they used to. It's a nice feeling.

This.
My thighs are now like those of a 1970's East German "lady" shot putter, and I've had to go up to large from medium for the padded shorts, but my weight has stayed the same.

Top Bottom