Improving the Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
if the French are so angry and winning is so easy why don’t they ensure that FDJ or another team has a €40m budget.
It isn’t that much money in this day and age.
There must be some company in France willing to stump up the cash.
I agree. Why is there no sponsor in France? Isn't anyone in France bothered about winning their own race, the biggest one in the world?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I agree. Why is there no sponsor in France? Isn't anyone in France bothered about winning their own race, the biggest one in the world?
PSG spent €222million on Neymar. So there is money around in France.

swansonj

Guru
A relay race. A stage divided into 8 sections, each rider in the team is designated and timed for one section, whole team get same aggregate time. Each section would thus have only 20 active riders. Breakaways harder to chace down, weaker riders more exposed, and plenty of tactical options (strongest rider first or last?) especially if hills are involved.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Or being able to attend church via the route they always use...
Who goes to church these days?

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
A relay race. A stage divided into 8 sections, each rider in the team is designated and timed for one section, whole team get same aggregate time. Each section would thus have only 20 active riders. Breakaways harder to chace down, weaker riders more exposed, and plenty of tactical options (strongest rider first or last?) especially if hills are involved.
If you go back a few pages I've already suggested something similar to this @swansonj

swansonj

Guru
Who goes to church these days?
The Prudential Ride London passes through Leatherhead and the route is closed to traffic all day. There were people in Leatherhead parish church on Sunday who normally go to Fetcham but couldn’t get there and, i’m sure, vice versa.

perplexed

Guru
Give all the riders a pointy stick.

On any given stage they are permitted to get them out and jab at nobbish spectators for say, three minutes.

I'm not sure it'd do much for the racing as such, but it would be interesting to see such a fan interaction.

EDIT: Thinking on, it'd work a bit like a joker card. Some riders may elect to not use the pointy stick, and thus gain a potential 3 minutes in their rivals if you make the rule that pointy stick wielders have to be stationary.

Top Bottom