In answer to Arrowfoot "What would be a decent entry level price for custom wheels?"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To @Arrowfoot
I have recently built sets for Audax and Touring wheels at a decent entry level and both came up to about the £180 mark + shipping, so under £200. Both sets built with reliability and durability in mind.

Be quick to respond, before Batman and Robin :smile: find this thread and spoil it for everybody else :laugh:

Thanks for this. I use to enjoy reading your past posts about wheel building and the stuff that you have done for others.

ps. Luv the descriptor !! Very apt. I think I heard the doors to the Bat Cave moving.

vickster

Legendary Member
image.jpeg
Here's some of @Spoked Wheels work. Very lovely they are to ride too

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Entry level is a bit of a moveable feast - I've seen reviews (for example) that define my best wheels as "ideal for a winter hack, or training bike".

To go back to the op, the commuting wheels I had built after someone drove through the stock wheels on my first "good" bike were 32 spoke (3 cross) - Tiagra hubs laced to DRC ST18 II rims. Cost the driver's insurers £130 in 2009, and I still like them.

Top Bottom