In awe of the Ironmen..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yesterday saw me marshalling the Ironman UK in Bolton. This was the fourth year our town has hosted the international Ironman event, and it just keeps getting better.

My mate Jimmy 'Mac' Ironman completed the event in an superb time of 16:09:04. This is all the more astonishing as he's never so much as competed in a basic triathlon before! Seriously well done Pal.

On the back of his herculean efforts he also raised over £10k for his chosen charities, Derian House & Kids of Bolton - Chapeau Jimmy, in fact double Chapeau Sir :bravo:

All the athletes were superb, some super human efforts were going on right before my eyes, it kind of inspires you to wonder if you could do it yourself, hmmmm....................

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Theyre all insane, individually each of the 3 parts would be a significant undertaking but its just crazy.

Isnt 16 hours the maximum finish time to get an Ironman medal, or is my memory getting dodgy already? :P

Berties

Fast and careful!
a friend of mine did it in just over 13hrs they are all mad,it just consumes their life for months and is a real treat to see all their training,mad diets,and resting while overs party all pay off,a big well done to them all

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
U

User482

That's nothing. A work colleague did a 2.5km sea swim, followed by 110 mile mtb ride (all of the South Downs) and finished with a 28 mile cross country run...

Berties

Fast and careful!
That's nothing. A work colleague did a 2.5km sea swim, followed by 110 mile mtb ride (all of the South Downs) and finished with a 28 mile cross country run...
xman challenge!! came by our house week last saturday they are totally mad,with the ride being through the night,eastbourne to salisbury going some!!:training:

U

User482

xman challenge!! came by our house week last saturday they are totally mad,with the ride being through the night,eastbourne to salisbury going some!!:training:

That's the one! You have to complete an Ironman before they'll let you enter - even so, less than half of the starters finished it. My work colleague did it in about 21 hours.

VamP

Banned
Our very own Arsene Gere completed the Bolton Ironman in 11.35 - see here. Outstanding!

fimm

Veteran
Why on earth was this moved into cyclocross??? I shall complain and see if I can get it into the du/tri forum where it belongs.

Congratulations to all the Ironmen indeed. I completed one (Austria) last year, and Berties is right, it does consume your life. Totally worth it, though.

Top Bottom