In defence of motorists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cd365

cd365

Guru
The point is that you shouldn't be within the overtaking maneuver by the time you get to that junction.

I have used bikehike to check my distances. When I started my overtake I was 228 yards (or 208m) from the junction and I was nowhere near the junction when I completed my overtake, probably over 150 yards away.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I have used bikehike to check my distances. When I started my overtake I was 228 yards (or 208m) from the junction and I was nowhere near the junction when I completed my overtake, probably over 150 yards away.

It's no good, the residents of 'perfect driving' village have got their pitchforks out

How on earth does wishing for "well maintained, wide cyclist only lanes on every road" demonstrate a lack of understanding for road safety ?

Well, there will always be points that cyclists and motorists come in to contact (not literally hopefully) like junctions and roundabouts etc.

Cycle lanes just marginalise cyclists, encourage poor cyclist/motorist behaviour, and not matter how wide are detrimental to overall road safety.

Show me a cyclist who is in favour of cycle lanes and I'll show you an inexperienced cyclist.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Show me a cyclist who is in favour of cycle lanes and I'll show you an inexperienced cyclist.

Hmm.

I'm in favour of decently constructed, designed and maintained ones, where the traffic speeds are high (say, 40+ mph). Certainly if we're not going to make drivers behave themselves, at least.

sadly, the uk experience is that being in favour of decently constructed, designed and maintained cycle lanes/paths effectively means being against most (charitably - pessimistically all) of the cycling infrastructure that we actually have.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Wtfunk? Left palm you what now :wacko: ......

After 8 pages, can't believe I've just read them all, let it drop v v v v v

A non event has certainly done well to get to 8 pages
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom