In growing toenail?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
So how to treat? Hot water soaks I’ve heard but how will that take the curl of the nail out?
No infection yet but it feels like a constant bee sting.
First time ever case. :sad:

Slick

Guru
I used to get loads. Just cut down the nail leaving a nice rounded edge and it will grow back fine.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Have you got a pair of pliers? ^_^ I've had problems with big toenail removing due to wearing tight shoes after sandals buy grow back fine. Maybe a visit to a chiropodist is in order.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you've got one that was cut badly, and the corner is like a nasty pointy thing, that's painful, the best way I've found is to use clippers to cut near as you can to the corner, then pull the clipped nail, ripping the last bit - works if it's too painful to get the clippers in. Had terrible nails after being stuck in hospital with my back, and couldn't bend to sort them when I got out.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The V works well if you are having recurring issues

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Cut a vee in the middle of the nail: this encourages the nail to grow towards the middle from each side.
Be careful about digging around in the quicks - easy to get infections
(I'm a drystone waller, so admirably qualified to give health advice)

The v-cut thing works. Another hint is (apart from the v) to cut across rather than cutting down the side where the ingrowing bit is. I do tend to dig under the ingrowing edge to turn it up as it were, and have rarely got infections - maybe once 40+ years ago.

As an experienced IT consultant I am of course just as qualified as 'spoons to advise on these matters

Last edited:

keithmac

Guru
I've never had one, but I also don't go far down the corners when clipping them..

As said above flattish cut should stop it digging in.

Top Bottom