In need of some advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mart79

Doesn’t matter!!!!! Man the f**k up 😱😱 and I thought we were all friends on here 🤣🤣🤣

OP
OP
M

Mart79

arranged to pick my new bike up for the 26th Jan, but a couple of days before I tested positive for COVID-19 !!
So finally managed to pick up the bike last Monday 8th Feb, and what a cracking bike it is. Although didn’t realise it had fat tyres........ my mistake for not reading the description properly on Halfords, not really a problem, would of preferred a narrower tyre. (Defo not hybrid thin)
Tyre measures, 27.5 x 2.8. When it comes to replacing the tyres, do I necessarily need to replace like for like or can I go for a slightly smaller width tyre?

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
would of preferred a narrower tyre. (Defo not hybrid thin)
Tyre measures, 27.5 x 2.8. When it comes to replacing the tyres, do I necessarily need to replace like for like or can I go for a slightly smaller width tyre?

There's a sensible minimum and maximum width multiple of the internal width of the wheel rim, so going to either extreme of wide or narrow is not advisable. I would expect 27.5" x 2" to be perfectly do-able though. 2" wide was once pretty much the default standard for MTB tyres for years and years, and still generally is with 26'ers.

Top Bottom