In or out?????????????????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
out - don't try to excuse a 2nd rate performance based on a referee's decision. Leave that sort of whinging and whining to the antipodean nations.

Oldlegs

Frogs are people too.
We lost to a better team :rolleyes::cry:. Winging about decisions is for footballers.

It was one of those games that was difficult to predict beforehand, but afterwards, looking at the score, it seems a fair reflection of England's overall performance during the tournament.

Still proud of them.

mcd

Oldlegs said:
And anyone from Scotland talking about second rate in a WORLD CUP FINAL needs a reality check.

At least when we loose (which, I admit, is more often than I'd like - snatching defeat from the jaws of victory etc) it's more a case of "we lost because we were cr@p" than whining like a bunch of lawyers! :rolleyes:

wafflycat

Keith Oates said:
England gave a very good display of rugby and should be very proud of themselves. On the day they lost to a marginally better side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's about it. Considering they weren't expected to get as far as they did and considering that the previous time on meeting SA, SA thoroughly kicked a$$, this time, England may be defeated by a better side, but, England did not disgrace themselves. Consider too, the reaction of the players to the decision on that 'try'. If it had been footballers, the overpaid primadonnas would have been wanted the ref's goolies on toast. The rugby squad had dignity & sportsmanship. Consider the reaction of the fans compared to the past behaviour of fans of the overpaid primadonna soccer lot... There'd have been riots on the streets of Paris if it had been a football game! Rugby is altogether more civilised :rolleyes:

Big Bren

The teams were pretty evenly matched on the night, which is not bad considering the drubbing they gave us a few short weeks ago.

There was no try in my opinion - his knee was clearly in touch when the ball was grounded. We gave it to them with penalties in the end; frustrating to watch, but I never expected to be watching an England final at all, so can't complain!

Bren

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
wafflycat said:
That's about it. Considering they weren't expected to get as far as they did and considering that the previous time on meeting SA, SA thoroughly kicked a$$, this time, England may be defeated by a better side, but, England did not disgrace themselves. Consider too, the reaction of the players to the decision on that 'try'. If it had been footballers, the overpaid primadonnas would have been wanted the ref's goolies on toast. The rugby squad had dignity & sportsmanship. Consider the reaction of the fans compared to the past behaviour of fans of the overpaid primadonna soccer lot... There'd have been riots on the streets of Paris if it had been a football game! Rugby is altogether more civilised :rolleyes:

Absolutely!

I think the world of £ootball could learn a lot of lessons from Rugby.
As for Roy Hattersly this morning on the Andrew Marr show dismissing Rugby as a minority sport, £ootball being the main game, well bollocks to him.

Lets all get behind Lewis Hamilton today...another 'minority' sucess

ash68

agree, we were beaten by a better team, everyone played their part last night. Try or no try, we were second best team on the pitch. Hats off to South Africa.Think in a few years time we will look back and see what a great achievment it was to get to the final with a team not playing at it's best.100% effort and commitment from the lads, can't ask for any more than that.

Top Bottom