In praise of board games

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I used to play Apocalypse on the ZX Spectrum... great fun!

May or may not be the same thing

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
+1 for othello

regarding backgammon, does anybody else have this kind of conversation with non-players...

"I can't play backgammon."

"It's easy, just like Ludo AKA Sorry AKA Frustration really, but with two dice."

"huh?"

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Being the classic example of an only child I was never in to board games and wasn't much thrilled when they arrived for Christmas. The Doris on the other hand is the eldest of three in a family where board games are a blood sport. One time she didn't speak to me for two days after beating her at Risk.

Maz

Guru
Been playing a fair bit of Monopoly recently with the kids.
It's still pretty much the same game with the same outcome...i.e. the board gets tipped over in anger when someone goes bankrupt.
It's good to see some things never change! :thumbsup:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Been playing a fair bit of Monopoly recently with the kids.
It's still pretty much the same game with the same outcome...i.e. the board gets tipped over in anger when someone goes bankrupt.
It's good to see some things never change! :thumbsup:

Played properly, with everyone putting a bit of a move on, monopoly's a great game, with reasonable amount of skill in calculating the right end of a deal. There's a good bit more too it than (most) people think. Played with slow players or stubborn players who won't deal until it's too late and they and you have been fleeced, it is very frustrating. Silly house rules often worsen the game too.

Maz

Guru
It does need dragging into the 21st Century, though..."You have won second prize in a beauty contest. Collect £10."
Moi?:wacko::laugh:

OP
OP
Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Today we played robo rally, very good fun and I won!! Also won at Monty python fluxx which was good fun, really silly and helps if you know the songs and dialogue. Also played Carcassonne too.

Top Bottom