In praise of cycling caps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Diggs

Veteran
[QUOTE 4120586, member: 259"]You've either got the hide of a rhinoceros, or you've never actually met a teenager.[/QUOTE]
Give me two years,the teenagers are a work in progress and I'll probably need a thicker hat by then

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You need a good hat in winter. I got this at Christmas what do you reckon?
20101011_nalini_winth_aki_navy_2.jpg

Worn beneath the helmet to keep sun and/or rain out of the eyes. Makes you a Rule 5 or 9 type. Definitely. Needs to say something serious, though. Campagnolo for example. Definitely no post-classical guff like Shimano, Trek or, heavens preserve us, Specialized (sic).
Wash your mouth out, cycling caps are not to be worn under helmets, they are a stand alone beautifully designed and essential piece of cycling kit

You can never have enough cycling caps ....
Quite right, I used to have 16, must be around 20 or so now.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I can't wear one because it forces me to lift my head a couple of degrees extra to see under the peak, which makes my neck sore.

Globalti

Legendary Member
That's with the peak down. I'll try with it up. I'm a big buff fan, they keep you warm in winter and cool in summer by evaporating sweat.

cuberider

Über Member
This thread has caused me to order one. It should be here in a day or two :smile:

simgsxr

I have trouble finding one that fits my rather large bonce............when I do find a suitable size that feels comfortable my head must get even bigger when riding as it inflicts an unwanted pressure as the ride progresses & when removed I appear to have encountered a 'Mick McManus' strangle hold around the top of my head that leaves a visible mark for quite a while.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Cycle caps are great, the peak is just the right length for shade, but not too long to impede forward vision.

Mine also securely holds my glasses.

I'm particularly fond of my winter weight cycling cap, keeps my head warm and gives shade from the low sun we get this time of year.

Jimidh

Veteran
I have trouble finding one that fits my rather large bonce............when I do find a suitable size that feels comfortable my head must get even bigger when riding as it inflicts an unwanted pressure as the ride progresses & when removed I appear to have encountered a 'Mick McManus' strangle hold around the top of my head that leaves a visible mark for quite a while.

A mate from my cycle club makes hand made ones in various sizes . Very good quality and choice of materials.http://www.atbm.uk

Top Bottom