In praise of Finish Line Wet Ceramic Lube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Cos they don't sell it in smaller bottles!!
If I was only doing my bikes with it a 1 ltr. bottle would last me until I was carried off in a box.
Which is why it's a false economy.

@bpsmith I seem to remember the two of us banging on about exactly this subject several times before...

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
A somewhat silly post.
I put in long days all year round, in all weathers, and I've used many different kinds of stuff to lubricate my chain from 3 in 1 to ceramic lube ( never tried dry lube tho) I've never had any problem with any of them. The key thing is that you use something
This^^^^
As long as the chain is lubed, all is well.

bpsmith

Veteran
Cos they don't sell it in smaller bottles!!
If I was only doing my bikes with it a 1 ltr. bottle would last me until I was carried off in a box.
Your words, when referring to no longer using chainsaws, were that you always buy in litre bottles. Certainly implies that you are buying these regular, otherwise you would have stated as above.

Fact is, I have no issue with what you use, obviously. My only gripe is suggesting that all specific bike lubes are rubbish.

Last edited:

bpsmith

Veteran
Which is why it's a false economy.

@bpsmith I seem to remember the two of us banging on about exactly this subject several times before...
Indeed. The same arguments regularly.

Just to add something further to the mix, I have bought some of the Muc-Off Classics Lube, to try over the Winter. The idea is to thoroughly clean, lube with the Hydrophobic Lube as normal on each roller, then you brush the whole chain with the Classics Lube. Idea sounds good for Winter use on the grubby country roads and cycle paths. Was 50% off in their BF Sale. Well worth a punt.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Using finish line ceramic wet lube just now, seems quite good, none of it has landed on my back wheel or contaminated my discs. Yes i`m careful to wipe down after allowing the oil to soak in and I don`t chuck loads on !! Muc Off wet lube just coated my rear rim, Decathlon own branded wet lube was just the same rubbish at staying on the chain. Finish Line Wet lube ( green bottle ) just ends up in a black gunge. I suppose, it might be you just need to re-lube after every ride and keep the chain clean. Chainsaw oil has been tempting as its fairly cheap, will it give similar results to the finish line ceramic which is good with none of the mess?

Top Bottom