In Praise of Fray Bentos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Silverado

I know it's probably a bit weird, but I love 'em.
Brings back childhood memories everytime I have one.
Any other afficianados?
Comfort food and only £1 a throw.:okay:
View attachment 394832
i love them too, actually this is quite sad, but I contacted fray Bentos a couple of years ago as I was finding it difficult to open the tin and yes, they are lethal especially when the tin opener gives up and I have been forced to prise open the lid with a screw driver ......well after praising fray bentos i received nowt...absolutely nothing..but I still love em.

classic33

Leg End Member
i love them too, actually this is quite sad, but I contacted fray Bentos a couple of years ago as I was finding it difficult to open the tin and yes, they are lethal especially when the tin opener gives up and I have been forced to prise open the lid with a screw driver ......well after praising fray bentos i received nowt...absolutely nothing..but I still love em.
You need a better tin opener.

classic33

Leg End Member
You need a better tin opener. Either of these maybe
Never failed to open one using one of these
View attachment 395059

classic33

Leg End Member
They must know that their tins are very difficult to open. Why can't they just put ring pull openings on?!:ninja:
They have thought about it...
"Moving to a ring pull lid has been considered, however due to the surface area and force required to lift the lid, this may result in serious injury to the consumer. This has been discounted as a potential solution."

classic33

Leg End Member
Namely, people punching themselves in the face when the lid finally releases from the rest of the tin... :B)
Not to mention spilling the contents!

classic33

Leg End Member
Of course, you do know that, if you cook them without opening, they eventually open themselves.

You do need to clean the oven afterwards all except the glass door you'll need to sweep that up
Or spend a while cleaning the aftermath up, and no dinner.
Used at work to open them, never failed.

The only problem we ever had was when someone put one in the oven(Industrial paint baking type) without first removing the lid. He'd no dinner that day.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Difficult decision for tomorrow.
Do I break out the BBQ at the caravan, or do I hit the onboard stock of FB pies?
Hmmm.:scratch:

Top Bottom