In Praise of Fray Bentos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
20180908_115046.jpg

Well......that's 2 nights sorted in the caravan next week.:hungry:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My commitment to vegetarianism has been compromised! I went for a long walk this morning with my dog,around the reservoir and surrounding hills and fields. Now i know there's livestock in these fields which acts in an unpredictable way. I passed some horses. They were ok,letting me pat and stroke them. I went through a field that had lots of sheep in, Again,they were ok though they also can be unpredictable,but nothing happened. Then we came to the field with the cows in . That's when the trouble began! Now i've heard of farmers being trampled by these beasts,some even being killed by them. I noticed they'd congregated by the gate/entrance to the field. Not wanting to antagonise them i decided to put my dog over a barb wire fence away from the gate,then me climb over it. As soon as we were over the fence these cows came at us! They pegged it over at speed! I picked up my little dog so he wouldn't get trampled and slowly walked across the field. While we were making our escape these stupid fecking moos were going ape shoot! One was acting like a bucking bronco,jumping back and forth kicking its hoofs in the air,missing me and mutt by only a few feet!:eek: It took about 3 minutes to cross this field but it felt like a lifetime! Even shouting at them didn't work,in fact it seemed to wind them up even more! As we eventually made it to safety i looked back at the stupid idiots and cursed them! 'Right you bastards' i thought. This is it,i've lost all sympathy with your plight and from now on i'm going to start eating you again! So that's it. I'm not saying i'll start to eat meat again,but i'm seriously considering it! If i do i can then buy some steak and kidney FB's in and have a right good nosh up!!:hungry:

classic33

Leg End Member
My commitment to vegetarianism has been compromised! I went for a long walk this morning with my dog,around the reservoir and surrounding hills and fields. Now i know there's livestock in these fields which acts in an unpredictable way. I passed some horses. They were ok,letting me pat and stroke them. I went through a field that had lots of sheep in, Again,they were ok though they also can be unpredictable,but nothing happened. Then we came to the field with the cows in . That's when the trouble began! Now i've heard of farmers being trampled by these beasts,some even being killed by them. I noticed they'd congregated by the gate/entrance to the field. Not wanting to antagonise them i decided to put my dog over a barb wire fence away from the gate,then me climb over it. As soon as we were over the fence these cows came at us! They pegged it over at speed! I picked up my little dog so he wouldn't get trampled and slowly walked across the field. While we were making our escape these stupid fecking moos were going ape shoot! One was acting like a bucking bronco,jumping back and forth kicking its hoofs in the air,missing me and mutt by only a few feet!:eek: It took about 3 minutes to cross this field but it felt like a lifetime! Even shouting at them didn't work,in fact it seemed to wind them up even more! As we eventually made it to safety i looked back at the stupid idiots and cursed them! 'Right you bastards' i thought. This is it,i've lost all sympathy with your plight and from now on i'm going to start eating you again! So that's it. I'm not saying i'll start to eat meat again,but i'm seriously considering it! If i do i can then buy some steak and kidney FB's in and have a right good nosh up!! :hungry:
They may have simply thought you'd something like beef nuts for them. It'd explain why they were quick to turn their attention to you, rather than wait around the gate.

Best way to get past them is to run at them. If they've room to scatter.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They may have simply thought you'd something like beef nuts for them. It'd explain why they were quick to turn their attention to you, rather than wait around the gate.
Yes,i've walked those hills and fields for years and i've had them come at me lots of times,probably thinking i'm the farmer and it's feeding time. They've surrounded me before,but today they were really loopy! They might've been young cows and been a bit boisterous. I had my extendable walking stick with me and was tempted to whack the one doing the bucking bronco impersonation,but i think then it really would have kicked off!

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
My commitment to vegetarianism has been compromised! I went for a long walk this morning with my dog,around the reservoir and surrounding hills and fields. Now i know there's livestock in these fields which acts in an unpredictable way. I passed some horses. They were ok,letting me pat and stroke them. I went through a field that had lots of sheep in, Again,they were ok though they also can be unpredictable,but nothing happened. Then we came to the field with the cows in . That's when the trouble began! Now i've heard of farmers being trampled by these beasts,some even being killed by them. I noticed they'd congregated by the gate/entrance to the field. Not wanting to antagonise them i decided to put my dog over a barb wire fence away from the gate,then me climb over it. As soon as we were over the fence these cows came at us! They pegged it over at speed! I picked up my little dog so he wouldn't get trampled and slowly walked across the field. While we were making our escape these stupid fecking moos were going ape shoot! One was acting like a bucking bronco,jumping back and forth kicking its hoofs in the air,missing me and mutt by only a few feet!:eek: It took about 3 minutes to cross this field but it felt like a lifetime! Even shouting at them didn't work,in fact it seemed to wind them up even more! As we eventually made it to safety i looked back at the stupid idiots and cursed them! 'Right you bastards' i thought. This is it,i've lost all sympathy with your plight and from now on i'm going to start eating you again! So that's it. I'm not saying i'll start to eat meat again,but i'm seriously considering it! If i do i can then buy some steak and kidney FB's in and have a right good nosh up!!:hungry:
Go for it......you know it'll make you feel better. :hungry:
BTW - if you ever get chased by cows and you have a dog with you, let the dog go - that's what the cows are agitated about. The dog will take care of itself.;)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Go for it......you know it'll make you feel better. :hungry:
BTW - if you ever get chased by cows and you have a dog with you, let the dog go - that's what the cows are agitated about. The dog will take care of itself.;)
No he won't He's too thick. Cute,but lacking vital brain cells unfortunately. He'd stand there and let them trample him!:ohmy:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="Dogtrousers, post:

@Accy cyclist you don't have to actually renounce vegetarianism. Just buy some Fray Bentos pies and when the cows come at you, just get out a pie and wave it around. Maybe a tin of pedigree chum as well. That will show them whos boss. They won't know that you eat nothing but lentils and cabbage.[/QUOTE]

I might just buy one of these.

It's like a taser for cows. I could use it down the pub when i can't quite get to the bar. "Excuse me,you're in my way" buzzzzzzzzz!!!:eek:

Top Bottom