In Praise of Fray Bentos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I'm starting to feel a bit queasy...
I'd recommend having a FB Steak & Kidney pie with mushy peas. It's a well tried folk cure for nausea. :okay:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Love em, but is it just me or they rapidly turning into gravy pies?

We bought 2 just before lockdown, and we've got a little box of stuff on the top of the kitchen cupboard just in case we run out. We did have the steak FB pie a couple of weeks ago, just to be a bad person, and yep, there wasn't much in it other than gravy. That said, it went down well with some chips.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
As a precautionary measure, I purchased a couple of Fray Bentos pies at the start of lockdown.

It seemed a sensible idea - once the shops ran out of comestibles, I could enjoy their tasty goodness.
I could use the removed lids as improvised circular saws to cut up fire wood, or if attacked they could be used as a rudimentary shuriken. The empty trays could be used to gather rain water or pan for gold once we abandon civilization and head for the hills.

However, things haven't got so bad that I've been tempted to have one yet.

classic33

Leg End Member
As a precautionary measure, I purchased a couple of Fray Bentos pies at the start of lockdown.

It seemed a sensible idea - once the shops ran out of comestibles, I could enjoy their tasty goodness.
I could use the removed lids as improvised circular saws to cut up fire wood, or if attacked they could be used as a rudimentary shuriken. The empty trays could be used to gather rain water or pan for gold once we abandon civilization and head for the hills.

However, things haven't got so bad that I've been tempted to have one yet.
You want to try panning opposite the site of the former hospital at Seacroft. It's been found there before.

Top Bottom