In praise of Garmin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musa

Über Member
Once again, Garmin have just showed me (again) how good at customer service there are.
I have the cadence sensor GSC10 which has developed a fault since purchasing in Dec 2012. I used their online form to report this to see if the odd chance they may offer some solution.

They just got back to me via email saying to follow the necessary steps, otherwise if that fails send us your receipt, address and number and they will send me a replacement in the post

Thumbs up to you.:thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Another good Garmin customer service story...:thumbsup:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I shall add my own to this :smile:

I bought a Forerunner, after about a month the HRM strap started playing up until it was almost not working at all. Emailed them, few days to reply admittedly, but then they sent me a new strap, but a different one, so I asked if I could swap it and they just sent me another like the original, so now I have a spare :smile: It's a shame that the failure rate of some of their accessories seems relatively high, but at least their warranty is good :smile:

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
Yeah, must say they took their time getting back to me, telling me stuff I've done for the past month its failed on me

But it's been processe, the next 10 days

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Garmin didn't even ask for a receipt from me, only the serial number. The service was excellent, they repaired/replaced my Edge 500, free of charge, 2 years after the warranty had expired. The turnaround was 48 hours too.

billy1561

BB wrecker
I can see when my unit was registered with Garmin on connect. Would have hoped that was enough.. Anyway its sorted now so irrelevant.

yello

they repaired/replaced my Edge 500, free of charge, 2 years after the warranty had expired.

That is impressive! Certainly way beyond what I would have expected.

I too have experienced excellent service from Garmin (over the phone that is, their mail support is pretty slack). I got a reduced-price refurb for my out-of-warranty 305 when it packed up (stop detecting satellites). Garmin where under no obligation to do anything for me, could have easily told me to whistle, but they instead ensured I remained a satisfied customer.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
That is impressive! Certainly way beyond what I would have expected.

I too have experienced excellent service from Garmin (over the phone that is, their mail support is pretty slack). I got a reduced-price refurb for my out-of-warranty 305 when it packed up (stop detecting satellites). Garmin where under no obligation to do anything for me, could have easily told me to whistle, but they instead ensured I remained a satisfied customer.

Same, was way beyond my expectations too, the turnaround was rapid too. The unit I received back looked brand new, certainly not my 3 year old well used unit sent to them. FWIW, the issue I had was the lips on the mount on the back of the unit breaking off.

FreeFlow Bikes

My cadence sensor stopped working so I emailed them and didn't get a reply so I phoned them and they ran through the checks which I'd already done as it's on their website. They then agreeded to send me a new sensor FOC, all I had to do was email over my receipt, which I did.

Got an email saying that the unit had been dispatched.

I then received an email from my online enquiry, apologising for the delay in getting back to me and that a new sensor had been popped in the post for me.

Within the next two days I received 2 brand new unopened cadence sensors. Thanks Garmin.

uclown2002

Guru
Sent an FR60 back on monday for a replacement strap and paid £30 for repair.
I was astonished to get a package today from Garmin, which I assumed contained my old watch.
Not so; inside was a brand new boxed FR70 worth about £100.
Classy ^_^

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Same, was way beyond my expectations too, the turnaround was rapid too. The unit I received back looked brand new, certainly not my 3 year old well used unit sent to them. FWIW, the issue I had was the lips on the mount on the back of the unit breaking off.

hey same has happened to me! Albeit with in warranty. Have my RMA number but will wait till after the Easter weekend before sending it off.

Top Bottom