In praise of High on Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I know retailers vary and people will always have had mixed experiences, but these guys excelled themselves for me. I have used them before so I ordered a groupset from their ebay site 188000 sales with 100% positive feedback. They were the cheapest on the net I could find for what I wanted, no hidden changes in price for changing to a band on mech or cassette spec etc. Delivery was free and was stated as three days. Comunication was good with order received and order dispatched emails. This morning at 9:00 am I received a further email stating that I should get the delivery between 12:05pm and 1:05pm. Lo and behold at 12:35 Mr Parcel Force walks into my office with the groupset. All present and correct and bang on time. ^_^

Broadside

Guru
I have used Highonbikes quite a bit and I was thinking about starting a similar thread today. They are cheap and ultra reliable, if you order in the evening they will post the items before midday on the next working day and it usually arrives the working day following.

Highonbikes get my vote as the best UK bike related online retailer.

BSRU

A Human Being
I always found them excellent, a few things I have ordered have even arrived the very next day.

C

chillyuk

I too can add my praise of this retailer. Last week I ordered a derailleur but it was the wrong one for my bike. My fault entirely for not reading the description properly. I ordered (and paid for to save time) the correct one which I received next day and returned the wrong one. Within a couple of days I received a full refund. They will certainly get my business in the future where they have what I want.

Chris-H

Über Member
If i'm looking on ebay for parts i always check High on bikes out first,had a few dealings with them and every time it has been absolutely spot on,great prices,super quick delivery etc.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
I've used High On Bikes many times and their service has been first class.

What is also a good test of a good retailer is when things do go wrong, as they will do with the best from time to time. I've only ever had one problem with them - some bars advertised as having polished centres but which arrived matt. This was all sorted out with the minimum of fuss.

I've used them a few times when other Ebay prices have been a bit cheaper simply because I know there will be no hassle.

John

PpPete

Legendary Member
Another :thumbsup: from me.

Chrisz

Über Member
I've used them several times in the past and am currently kicking myself for not having used them just before Christmas to buy my new chain :sad:

Instead I bought it (KMC 11speed + missing link) through another ebay seller who couldn't despatch it until after Christmas. After a couple of emails a replacement (apparently the first one got destroyed by the Postie????) Campag one arrived today.

In future I will be sticking with High On Bikes - after myprevious transactions with them I am confident I would have received the item I ordered and within a few days to boot!

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Not really a negative review, but i bought a Schwalbe Marathon Plus from them and they folded it up into a kind of figure of 8 folded in half for postage which given the nature of the tyre i wasnt really impressed with. I wasnt annoyed enough to complain so they may have done something about it, but i didnt like having to straighten out a wonky tyre. Wiggle were £4-5 more expensive but had shipped my previous M+ in a big 1m^2 type bag.

Not really a negative review, but i bought a Schwalbe Marathon Plus from them and they folded it up into a kind of figure of 8 folded in half for postage which given the nature of the tyre i wasnt really impressed with. I wasnt annoyed enough to complain so they may have done something about it, but i didnt like having to straighten out a wonky tyre. Wiggle were £4-5 more expensive but had shipped my previous M+ in a big 1m^2 type bag.
Normal.

Bigsharn

Veteran
Definitely get a +1 from me. It's very rare that I've used them but they're quick dispatch and everything's arrived on time and in decent nick :tongue:

Top Bottom