In Praise of iPhones

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

That's something I never thought I would type:

Son came around last night & the talk got onto one of his mates who got stitched up by his iPhone. We haven't got the full picture but it appears he was driving back from the pub well over the limit he crashed his car, luckily nobody else was involved, he wasn't injured, he abandoned the car & proceeded to walk home. The phone presumably sensing the sudden stop alerted 'somebody' who called out the emergency services, they found the abandoned car & were waiting for him when he turned up at his home address, breathalysed him & the following court case took his license off him for 6 months.

Well done that phone

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Serves the idiot right too.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I thought the ban was a minimum of 12 months for drink driving?
You may well be right, we're getting this 2-3rd hand my son hasn't seen him for quite a while, but if that is the case, then possibly he had a solicitor who argued it down as he's self employed & works all over the country, or at least did.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's nice to see dangerous road villains getting their just deserts.

Sort of related to this, Apple make a big deal of iPhones supposed security, but once the Azimuth cracked it for the FBI our farce bought the kit from Cellebrite and they were easier to get into than Android phones by a mile.

Moral of the story? Don't use Apple products if youre prone to unlawful behaviour.

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
It says quite a lot about technology and society when the user doesn't know that the device can do the right thing, even if the user is not.

So presumably the "sudden stop" alert was sent to a family member or "ICE", and they phoned the ambulance?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
On the emergency alert thing. My GPS triggers the emergency alert when I bump my bike down the steps when I get home. I have to press and hold on screen to stop text. If I ever use that gps for off road I’ll be turning that off else it’ll be going off all the time.

On the emergency alert thing. My GPS triggers the emergency alert when I bump my bike down the steps when I get home. I have to press and hold on screen to stop text. If I ever use that gps for off road I’ll be turning that off else it’ll be going off all the time.

Oh I had to turn mine off on the Garmin. It would alert even when I wasn't doing anything crazy.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

That should never be a valid plea. I hate the exceptional hardship plea. Bollocks, you’ll just have to find work locally, in the many jobs that don’t involve driving.

I agree with you there should be no exceptions, if you cannot do your job without a license then you should respect it more there's too many people think it's their right to have one.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I find it scary that Google etc can trace our movements like that.

You can usually just turn these settings/ off ... at least for android .... I *could* share my whereabouts with (e.g.) my kids, but I choose not to ... they do, with each other, with their mum and their partners, but that's their choice. Of course if my phone is switched on and I go missing, then it's possible to find me :smile:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Or it might not have happen like that at all, surely a relative alerted would phone the person involved, not intermediately phone the ambulance or the old bill.

Its equally likely a passing someone phoned the crashed abandoned car into the police, who ran the number plate, and went to the OP's son's mates house.

Top Bottom