In Praise of iPhones

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Of course if my phone is switched on and I go missing, then it's possible to find me :smile:

You think I'd leave the phone near your body? :hyper:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Or it might not have happen like that at all, surely a relative alerted would phone the person involved, not intermediately phone the ambulance or the old bill.

Its equally likely a passing someone phoned the crashed abandoned car into the police, who ran the number plate, and went to the OP's son's mates house.

You are correct, as already stated we are hearing 2-3 hand, but if the story is correct the wife didn't know anything about it, until he got home, we are led to believe it was the iPhone but as I'm typing this, I now wonder if as you say they found the car abandoned & they used the iPhone tracking to put him at the crash site? If so I'll remove my praise, they aren't as clever as I gave them credit for.

Either way it's a drink driver off the road for a period of time, although I suspect it will not have taught him a lesson.

Jameshow

Veteran
I was reading about the cross bow killer in wales.
He was grassed up by his Volvo gps system. Which records everywhere you have been. It’s amazing what information is recorded without your knowledge.

Thought is was a discovery?

stephec

Legendary Member
Thought is was a discovery?

There's a thread somewhere on here about it with a link to a copper explaining how they could see every door opening etc, I'll have a search.

DRM

Guru
There's a thread somewhere on here about it with a link to a copper explaining how they could see every door opening etc, I'll have a search.

Been listening to the podcast on BBC Sounds about this, it was a Discovery that was torched, but the Police got the telematics from JLR, and it did give a full time line of every thing the car did, and where it went, it uploaded the GPS data to the cloud for JLR

It was once said that professional drivers were the best when driving privately because they rely on a licence for their job so don't risk iffy behaviour.

Obviously that's not true because if excessive hardship arguments. Aiui they are actually being misapplied in favour of motorists and a lot are driving who shouldn't have had a successful excessive hardship plea. Imho it should be very closely defined and retrospectively applied. We need this to end.

stephec

Legendary Member
Been listening to the podcast on BBC Sounds about this, it was a Discovery that was torched, but the Police got the telematics from JLR, and it did give a full time line of every thing the car did, and where it went, it uploaded the GPS data to the cloud for JLR

That's the one about the crossbow killer, I've had a search but can't find it so it must have been in the old politics forum.

Reactions: DRM

DRHysted

Guru
Accident alerts are turned off on both my iPhone and Garmin. However if my car senses that it’s had a crash it will call for help through Ford with its location. The operator can talk to me and check whether it’s genuine or not, I suspect that if I didn’t respond to the operator they’d escalate it to the emergency services. There’s also an SOS button that I can press to alert them.

Top Bottom