In praise of... social intercourse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlesF

Guru
Glad you like Ridgebacks, Norm, ours is called Cartouch Lord Sam, or just Sam. He came out from Africa with us and had to change from a guard dog to house slouch. Like you, he loves meeting strangers on his walk and everyone is his friend.

Helly79

Globalti said:
Agreed but I love chatting with strangers; if you can get them to open up you find out some amazing things. I guess it goes with my job in export sales.

My mum told me never to be speak to strangers so may be this is why the guyz with the recumbents didn't speak. I on the other hand ignored my mums advice.

OP
OP
N

Norm

CharlesF said:
Glad you like Ridgebacks, Norm, ours is called Cartouch Lord Sam, or just Sam. He came out from Africa with us and had to change from a guard dog to house slouch. Like you, he loves meeting strangers on his walk and everyone is his friend.
I love them, the two we had next door to us were comedian characters! They would "sit" their back ends on chairs with their fore paws on the floor, always cracked a giggle.

We lived on a farm, the ridgebacks were in the cottage next to us until they moved about a mile away. I remember coming home from the pub one night, it was pitch black, I was completely wasted and I heard growling behind me. Thankfully, it was one of the ridgebacks who had got out and come "home" to its old place, although the thing was jumping all over me once it realised who I was it was from fun rather than anything more serious.

Nutter dogs, lovely creatures, bloody intelligent.
Helly79 said:
My mum told me never to be speak to strangers so may be this is why the guyz with the recumbents didn't speak. I on the other hand ignored my mums advice.
Wise words from your Mum - and they don't get much stranger than me. :smile:

Top Bottom