In Praise of Sufferfest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
After doing another Sufferfest session today - I thought I would just say how much I enjoy these - although they are killers. They make me work much, much harder on the turbo than I would without them.

Anyone else?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Did 'Local Hero' today on the kickr. Hard work indeed. They're not going to be everyone's cup of tea and can be difficult to work into a structured training programme, but they're loads better than most of the po-faced training vids out there.

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
Love em, er, I mean hate em! I squeeze in 3 or 4 per week depending on energy levels and weekend weather during the winter months. Angels is my favourite, but they are all ace.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
+1 for angels, great video.

After initially rejecting the sufferfest, it has properly revolutionised my winter training on the spin bike.

I finish one of their ten week plans tomorrow, fecking loved it.

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
How much 'faster' dya reckon you got out of it Pikey? I'd say the 10 week plan got me 50 watts improvement this time last year

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Downward Spiral is my favourite, also like some of the tracks on this one
Angels is great, and the animation at the end cracks me up every time
The Wretched is very good and I like the Box Hill song and vid

Did Violator last night and that must be the hardest

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
How much 'faster' dya reckon you got out of it Pikey? I'd say the 10 week plan got me 50 watts improvement this time last year

I wish I had a power meter!

In very Wiltshire science terms compared to your wattage, I feel quicker on the bike, although I've only done my normal timed loop twice this winter, I think I've gained maybe 3 mph over the 30 miles. It's proper helped with hill work though, actually feel like I can climb alright now :laugh:

Gonna have a week off then start the next plan (which the MIL got me for Xmas) to hopefully get me ar$e into gear for the club tt's this year.

Top Bottom