In praise of synth pop and early electro dance music

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
We got son#2 a decent turntable and speakers for Xmas. This prompted me to go hunting in the loft and I managed to find a load of old albums and singles from my and Mrs N's younger days.

Turns out son#2 is a bit of a chip of the old block. Currently delving into Kraftwerk, OMD, Depeche Mode (the early years, not the rocky stuff), Human League, Heaven 17, Visage, Yazoo

Got him onto this today....

DAF "Liebe auf den ersten Blick" - YouTube

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I'm on Flash Drive/CD and heartily recommend a cheap 5CD 101 Electronic 80's collection which has lots of well known hits and a few tasteful lesser known tunes.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/101-Electronic-80s-Various-Artists/dp/B0751BTDDS

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAF8qrR1pdE

Drago

Legendary Member
I can do some Tangerine Dream, but that's as far as I go down that rabbit gole I'm afraid.

Adam4868

Guru
We got son#2 a decent turntable and speakers for Xmas. This prompted me to go hunting in the loft and I managed to find a load of old albums and singles from my and Mrs N's younger days.

Turns out son#2 is a bit of a chip of the old block. Currently delving into Kraftwerk, OMD, Depeche Mode (the early years, not the rocky stuff), Human League, Heaven 17, Visage, Yazoo

Got him onto this today....

DAF "Liebe auf den ersten Blick" - YouTube
Have a few of them on vinyl...for some reason I played Heaven 17 (penthouse and pavement) recently and it sounded really dated ! Loved Depeche Mode not so much OMD.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Have a few of them on vinyl...for some reason I played Heaven 17 (penthouse and pavement) recently and it sounded really dated ! Loved Depeche Mode not so much OMD.
Penthouse and Pavement is a banger. I'd also forgotten quite how many great songs Human League did too.

These albums haven't been played for 30 years, just been in the loft. It's great that they're getting played again and appreciated. He's not so keen on Mrs N's Northern soul singles (which is where the real value is in the collection)

I've sold a few old bike bits on eBay and put the cash into his PayPal so he can buy some more

Wouldn't know where to begin on this one, the eighties definitely my decade, for better or worse.
Anyhow, here's a mullet as a token gesture
1610674076503.jpeg

Top Bottom