In praise of .... the police

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
My dog was deliberately attacked last night by a staff being used as a weapon by 2 dickdeads.

She's ok, only superficial wounds and but very shook up (as was I). Probably the most terrifying experience I've had. :smile: A smaller or slower dog would have been seriously harmed or killed.

Anyway, although I haven't had the pleasure of these people before, if it's the same dog (dog and blokes match the description), it has attacked quite a few other dogs over the park - always dogs that it stands a very good chance against - westies, labs etc. So I decided to report it to the police.

They have taken it very seriously and have rang me at work to see how me and Ellie are and to make an appointment to come round tomorrow night.

Fair play. I don't hold out much hope of the divs being caught but at least it will go on record and possibly have a a couple of police looking out for them.

colly

Re member eR
Sorry to hear that Snapper.

That could have been much worse. Hope your dog mends ok.
Thankfully I've never had any such experience but I frequently see 'yoofs' walking huge dogs on chains big enough to tow an ocean liner.
The dogs are only under control in as much as they are chained. Straining and pulling all the time and growling at all and sundry.
I've no doubt that off the chain they would go for almost anything that moved.

Keith Oates

Janner
Frightening experience Snapper but glad that you and the dog are not seriously affected. I hope the police do manage to catch the dog and the owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

I hope so Keith. It all seemed to happen in a flash. 1 minute we were playing wanga and the next this thing was hurtling towards us whilst they just stood encouraging it to 'go on then'. I'm not looking forward to our nightly ritual play time later. :smile:

wafflycat

Hoping that the morons with the Satffie have their dog's 'games' backfire on them...

Hope your dog recovers completely Snapper. Give your dog a gentle earscritch from me.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Staffies can be lovely dogs too - I see a couple on mine and the dog's walks now and then.

I'm hoping these two knobheads get some comeuppance too. Not content with ruining their own dog by training it to be aggressive, they have to come up with this crap? Jesus, what's wrong with people?

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

John the Monkey said:
Staffies can be lovely dogs too -?

I know - mine is a cross with a staff and her favourite playmate is a 6 month old one. But like anything - used in the wrong hands can be dangerous, and this thing certainly is.

They didn't even have a lead for it - just a harness full of leather and brass. When he finally managed to drag it off, the one fool picked it up and threw it over his shoulder. The other one stood on the sidelines watching the action, before making yelping noises and saying 'Did you hear it yelping'. :smile: Definitately got more than 1 screw loose.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Antisocial b@stards like that just enrage me. Violent attacks on innocent members of the public for "sport" is utterly vile and sociopathic. I'm afraid it brings out the worst in me; it makes me want to beat the crap out of them.

What XmisterIS said.

Dog licence, neutering for all dangerous breeds and derivatives thereof, instant seizing and destruction of un-neutered dogs and a swingeing fine for the owner, ditto for unlicensed dogs, ban on sale of puppies.

Bit rough on the few genuine staffie lovers, but oh! the relief of getting our parks and streets back in a few years.

Edit: I think Canada has done jsut this.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Ta everyone. My Dad's just said that the dog was very timid when he took her out for a walk earlier. Hopefully she'll get over it and get back to her normal mad self. ;)

Makes me mad to read this, poor Ellie and you. I really hope the police get them. Maybe we can form a CC posse and head down ;)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Agreed, That must have put the fear of god into you both you and the pooch.

They deserve a good kicking, I am with XmisterIS on this one ;)

Top Bottom