In response to Verity ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
So Ilfracombe has a new statue called Verity, a pregnant woman holding a sword aloft:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hirsts-ver...EzMWE5BHBzdGNhdAN1awRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3

I particularly liked this quote in the sPeAK yor bRAneS comment section ...

this is not a unique piece at all ..... all you need to do is walk into a macdonalds and you see plenty of this in the style of ' living art' with all the fat chav women with their bellies hanging out , preganant again, stuffing chips into their gobs and pushing a pram ............... Damian Hurst is selling you what you already see each day, but turn a blind eye too ............ he puts it on a plinth, and the toffs go wild with excitement........... but Andy Warhol he is not ! !!!!!

:eek:

..and why is she pregnant? I kinda get the whole equilibrium vs sword thing.. but the pregnancy?
If she was holding a pack of condoms behind her back and she was wielding a bottle of champagne it would make more sense wouldn't? :cheers:

jamin100

Guru
My 18 month old daughter is called verity...

And she ain't got no swords !!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
So Ilfracombe has a new statue called Verity, a pregnant woman holding a sword aloft:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hirsts-ver...EzMWE5BHBzdGNhdAN1awRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3

I particularly liked this quote in the sPeAK yor bRAneS comment section ...

this is not a unique piece at all ..... all you need to do is walk into a macdonalds and you see plenty of this in the style of ' living art' with all the fat chav women with their bellies hanging out , preganant again, stuffing chips into their gobs and pushing a pram ............... Damian Hurst is selling you what you already see each day, but turn a blind eye too ............ he puts it on a plinth, and the toffs go wild with excitement........... but Andy Warhol he is not ! !!!!!

I don't go into MacDonalds but I'm surprised that they're full of naked sword-brandishing pregnant women. Perhaps I have simply been turning a blind eye to it up till now. I'll have a peek in the window next time I pass.

Top Bottom