In The Song

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
They had a horse each, I thought, those were the two toys.

Not two toys each.

But thanks, that's that stuck in my head for days...

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
I heard a Pinky & Perky "rendition" of the song today, hence me asking.
Arch
No ill intent meant.

Gary E

Veteran
Just for fun some days I'll go into work and start whistling the theme from the Muppets or the Birdy Song. It's like planting a seed, by lunch time half the shift arewhistling/singing it (usually followed by a burst of Tourettes when they realise what I've done.)
Seriously, try it :laugh:

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
They had a horse each, I thought, those were the two toys.

Not two toys each.

But thanks, that's that stuck in my head for days...
"Two little boys had two little toys, each had a wooden horse". I've always taken that as meaning they had two toys each, but only their wooden hourse's were mentioned.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Tie me kangaroo down sport.........

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
It’s the quality of the debate I like so much about CC.
You'll have to admit though, Pinky & Perky blasting from a car stereo isn't something you hear everyday. I mean I could actually understand the words as well as knowing the tune.
Last time this duo was heard blasting from a car stereo it was used as an advance warning of an idiot approaching in a car. So I made certain there was at least one car between me & him.

Reactions: GBC

GBC

Veteran
You'll have to admit though, Pinky & Perky blasting from a car stereo isn't something you hear everyday. I mean I could actually understand the words as well as knowing the tune.
Last time this duo was heard blasting from a car stereo it was used as an advance warning of an idiot approaching in a car. So I made certain there was at least one car between me & him.

In the day, all you needed to do for the authentic Pinky & Perky sound, was to move the turntable speed up from 33 or 45 to 77:smile:

Top Bottom