In what ways would you want to enhance your experience in the countryside when cycling?

Have motorist effected you in a negative way? if yes, let me know below as well please.

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
inconsiderate driving. If they treated cyclists as they treat horses we would all be better off.

Colin_P

Guru
Legal access to footpaths would be nice.
On second thoughts it wouldn't enhance my experience as I ride them anyway, but some more law abiding cyclists might gain from this.

This is about to happen in Wales. Just England and NI lagging behind.

Same, there is a very grumpy farmer (is there any other type?) who gets very arsey about cycling on footpaths over his land and the miserable old goat has caught me a few times. The shame of it is most of the paths are lightly graveled roads which he uses to moves his tractors and stuff around on. No harm would be done.

As for the country roads, same as just about everyone else, stupid inconsiderate drivers going too fast and passing too close.

If you are submitting your question as part of an assignment you may wish to add an s on to motorist and change effected to affected.

KneesUp

Guru
inconsiderate driving. If they treated cyclists as they treat horses we would all be better off.
A horse it a ton of meat on stilts, that is easily spooked and has a brain the size of a walnut - in a fight between a horse and a car, the horse might not win, but it won't lose. That's why horses get treated with caution.

Top Bottom