Inappropriate bahaviour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I did see them. She was sat directly in front of me and was holding the camera between her and her friend who she was talking to for the whole performance. She clearly was not paying attention and enjoying the evening.
How do you know she wasnt enjoying the performance - thats a big assumption to make

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I did see them. She was sat directly in front of me and was holding the camera between her and her friend who she was talking to for the whole performance. She clearly was not paying attention and enjoying the evening.

I say Doris, clock that young man sitting behind us staring at us in a funny way? He really is ruining my enjoyment of this show. I know Ethel, what a strange man. He hasn't paid attention to any of the show and can't be enjoying it that much that he has to ruin it for others.

Wow, even in copyright crazy, will sue for anything USA, there are no restrictions on photography on school events.

It seems the nanny state has won back home.

Would a person fitted with a webcam eye be banned from school events? Not a crazy question as I have read of two people already looking to replace lost eyes with a webcam.

"Robin Hood primary and nursery school in Nottinghamshire says its photographs are stored in a "secure location" for not more than four years, after which they are "privately destroyed"."

How sad. Personally I think its vandalism to destroy photos of children's growing up which go on to be cherished photos or even historical references

Having inherited a family album with photos going back to the mid nineteenth century it concerns me that while boxes of photos will survive for future generations, digital photos will disappear because either they get deleted or (more likely) they are on a disk that gets thrown out without trawling through the contents or they were uploaded on a photo website that in time will go out of business/delete them. The digital world in great but I do have concerns about whether it will leave much legacy in 100 or 200 or more years from now.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
"Robin Hood primary and nursery school in Nottinghamshire says its photographs are stored in a "secure location" for not more than four years, after which they are "privately destroyed"."

How sad. Personally I think its vandalism to destroy photos of children's growing up which go on to be cherished photos or even historical references

Having inherited a family album with photos going back to the mid nineteenth century it concerns me that while boxes of photos will survive for future generations, digital photos will disappear because either they get deleted or (more likely) they are on a disk that gets thrown out without trawling through the contents or they were uploaded on a photo website that in time will go out of business/delete them. The digital world in great but I do have concerns about whether it will leave much legacy in 100 or 200 or more years from now.

On the other hand, digital photos mean you can share them with a wider audience, particularly useful with historically important photos.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Matthew, I suggest you try to stop getting upset at minor rule infringements by others. Life's far too short to worry about what others are doing and everyone who is alive has bent a few rules and pushed some boundaries of some sort in their time. In this case, it's questionable if any actual rules were broken. Disrespectful possibly, but not the end of the world.

Agreed; the world is full of crazy people doing nutty things, most of the time this can be mitigated by ignoring the folk you don't like and the occasional glass of nice wine.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
The reason you can't take photos in a theatre has nothing to do with paedos. It's copywrite infringement.

I used to be an usher and spent most of my time deleting photos.

ASC1951

Guru
*Sigh* I guess that once again I have overreacted.I must stop doing this now. I have calmed down on the roads and have bitten my tongue, but this instance annoyed me.

It wasnt just me who was annoyed, but everyone who had seen the woman doing it. ....
You aren't the world's policeman, Matt. The thing you have to ask yourself in these situations is "Am I any the worse for what this person has done?" and usually the answer is "Er, no..." In which case what is the point of making a fuss?

If you take all this stuff personally, you end up spending a lot of time fretful and angry. That is a) bad for your health and wellbeing and b) a waste of precious time.

classic33

Leg End Member
The reason you can't take photos in a theatre has nothing to do with paedos. It's copywrite infringement.

I used to be an usher and spent most of my time deleting photos.

I don't think you have the legal right to interfere with someone else's property in that manner. You can ask them to do so, however if you damage the equipment on which it is taken you may find yourself with a hefty repair bill.
Also how would you delete pictures on film?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Being a freelance photographer in the smoke, I can confirm not much has changed MDB on the legality and misinformed/ignorant public.

I suppose I had bad luck with my timing, because it was during this time that 7/7 happened (I wasn't in London at the time, but I think I would have missed it anyway), and suddenly people became paranoid about EVERYTHING! Even with permission you would be hounded. Before then had been bad enough because of 9/11 and to a lesser extent, Madrid, but after then it just wasn't worth the hassle half the time!

I imagine that it is the same now, particularly in the run up to the Olympics and all, so, err, good luck with that one!

nickprior

Veteran
Ironically not even the owner of the theatre (who will probably have more interest in copyright infringements than the audience has) is legally entitled to insist a photographer deletes any photographs which s/he suspects are copyright infringements. The owner may request deletion but the photographer may choose not to comply. Handling the photographer's camera leaves the owner open to charges of assault. The most the owner can do is request the photographer stops, or require the photographer to leave if they will not stop.

In any case deleting photos from a memory card is mostly pointless since under the right conditions they can be recovered later on.

Oops, Classic got there before me!

Top Bottom