Inappropriate bahaviour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
My daughters primary school was fine about video and photographs of schools plays, not been to one at secondary yet but in her last year at the primary they got a new head teacher, not a nice lady and on the last day I was stood at the gates taking a pic of my little girl with her shirt all signed hugging the teacher she had had in her first few years who knew us all by name. My camera is a dslr so it stands out and when I was looking at the pics later I can see her scowling like I was a kiddie fiddler.

I really think we should put this media created panic behind us and use more common sense!

If we are told to do something it is very much OK to ask why, if it is genuinely a copyright reason (unlikely at primary school) then fine but if not then we should be allowed to question the rule well ahead of time and make a common sense judgment.

Too many liberal softies in the public sector!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The irony of the whole terrorism thing is that, if you were a terrorist, would you really be attracting so much attention to yourself, and not only that, but stay at a location longer than you would need too?

All the security/police bods could never answer this.

I imagine it would be the same if you were a Peado or even some nasty copywriter infringer. Why draw attention to yourself?

classic33

Leg End Member
The irony of the whole terrorism thing is that, if you were a terrorist, would you really be attracting so much attention to yourself, and not only that, but stay at a location longer than you would need too?

All the security/police bods could never answer this.

Think security at points of entry & most will think of airports, what about ports.
3am or thereabouts one morning, whilst waiting to board at Holyhead. I donned the old hi-vis vest, didn't want running down, & took a few pictures. Given the time flash was being used. Seemed to attract some attention as a port vehicle with two employees arrived. Driver got out & asked the obvious question of what did I think I was doing. Instant reply was "taking some photos, what does it look like" showing him the camera. Climbs back into the car & drives off, leaving me free to wander about the port. Even got a picture of the Sea Lynx from the loading ramp.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
'Oh but you'll need permission for that'

Yes I have walked about the ferry place at Lerwick before and a few other places on different islands besides. They still seem to have most of their common sense on the islands though. Somewhere like Dover (or in fact, Aberdeen) I imagine would be different.

classic33

Leg End Member
Holyhead isn't exactly a small port. Given that one of the largest car ferries operatin in the UK does so from there. Its also an international port. On a par with Dover, size wise.

"Permission for that" was never asked for. Short simple answer, given almost immediately, seemed to throw him off his stride.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
There was a "battered womens' refuge" close to a school i knew, and a very real need to respect the wishes of some of the women who did not want their kids being photographed

There's also instances of entire families being relocated to protect them from extreme acts of violence from gangs, political activists and the like who have kids with 'no photographs under any circumstances' tags in school.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Holyhead isn't exactly a small port. Given that one of the largest car ferries operatin in the UK does so from there. Its also an international port. On a par with Dover, size wise.

I know and was wondering about that. Obviously with your Hi Viz you looked official enough.

"Permission for that" was never asked for. Short simple answer, given almost immediately, seemed to throw him off his stride.

Knowing my luck I'd come across someone who was more curious.....

classic33

Leg End Member
I know and was wondering about that. Obviously with your Hi Viz you looked official enough.

Knowing my luck I'd come across someone who was more curious.....

But just suppose I did want to do something else. The hi-vis was the same as being worn by lorry drivers. I had my "POLITE" one but didn't use it.

Linford

*Sigh* I guess that once again I have overreacted.I must stop doing this now. I have calmed down on the roads and have bitten my tongue, but this instance annoyed me.

It wasnt just me who was annoyed, but everyone who had seen the woman doing it. I could here people behind me tutting and talking about it and my mother was annoyed as well.

There is of course the chance that they also have aspergers syndrome as well..

Top Bottom