Inappropriate bahaviour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
BTW, don't you ever sleep. Looking at the times of your postings.

As the REAL higher being here (with brain damage admittedly, so I'm a bit thick these days), I never have to stoop to your level of feeble Earthlingness.

classic33

Leg End Member
As the REAL higher being here (with brain damage admittedly, so I'm a bit thick these days), I never have to stoop to your level of feeble Earthlingness.

Oh don't worry I can go without sleep for a while, three-four days. Sitting upright in chairs after a bad fit taught me that.

But how do you know I'm an earthling?

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
P1010273.jpg
Well done. Much better.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
My best friends son is severely autistic. So much so that he cannot be trusted near the road despite being nearly 17. His behavour makes people actively avoid contact with him because he behaves inappropriately (groping, being suggestive). Partially because he has this condition, partially because he has been indulged his entire life, and has been given a huge amount of rope by (some of) his carers.

I would certainly class it as a disability in respect that it stifles his ability to function in a way which the can integrate and interact with others. It is terribly difficult on those around him as he gets foisted off from his parents to grandparents all the time. I'd certainly not class it as a blessing by any stretch of the imagination, and his father has hinted in the past that he had contemplated suicide once or twice as he was tortured by the hopelessness of the endless responsibility of caring for him.
Regards to your friend. Just brought to mind the film Mercury Rising.

My parents had a hell of a time with me and my brother as we were very young. Whenever we were out, I used to misbehave and my brother has a tendancy to use his hands and fingers to visualise things. This got a lot of stares and comments.
As I grew older and noticed people staring, I would often just stare back at then and continue doing so until they felt uncomfortable and walked away. I was utterly disgusted that people would just stare and then look at my parents as though they are incapable of caring for us or punishing what they viewed as 'bad behaviour'.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
I don't think you have the legal right to interfere with someone else's property in that manner. You can ask them to do so, however if you damage the equipment on which it is taken you may find yourself with a hefty repair bill.
Also how would you delete pictures on film?

If you take a photo in the theatre, the photographs become the property of the venue, legally.

There is a disclaimer on the back of the tickets, on the website and next to the box office that photography is banned during the performance and and equipment used to do so may be confiscated and destroyed:

The use of equipment for recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data inside any Venue is strictly forbidden. Unauthorised recordings, tapes, films or similar items may be confiscated and destroyed. Any recording made of an Event in breach of these conditions shall belong to the Promoter. The Promoter and Venue will not be liable for any loss, theft or damage to confiscated items.
Mobile telephones and messaging equipment must be switched off during the Event.

So film would be removed from the camera and probably destroyed. By buying a ticket, you have agreed to their terms and conditions, so it's all legal and above board.

I'm not saying I'm in agreement with it necessarily, and frankly it was one of the worst parts of the job, but there you have it. Read the T&Cs before you take a picture in a theatre is my advice.

In a school play, this is especially ridiculous though. The whole point of schools plays is so parents can record it and show it to your first boyfriend, years later, surely?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
You just have!

......Oh have I?

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
There is a disclaimer on the back of the tickets, on the website and next to the box office that photography is banned during the performance and and equipment used to do so may be confiscated and destroyed:
The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
A quote from the back of my ticket.

nickprior

Veteran
If you take a photo in the theatre, the photographs become the property of the venue, legally.
No, sorry, not even a little bit right. The venue is trying it on. The only recourse the venue has is through the courts.

Just because it says this in the T&Cs doesn't mean the venue can legally do any of this. Grabbing someone's camera could lead to a charge of assault. Destroying their property is potentially criminal damage.

The most the venue can legally do is require the photographer to leave. No confiscation. No destruction of images or media.

In a school play, this is especially ridiculous though. The whole point of schools plays is so parents can record it and show it to your first boyfriend, years later, surely?
Yes agreed. Venue seems to be covering its backside.

MissTillyFlop

No, sorry, not even a little bit right. The venue is trying it on. The only recourse the venue has is through the courts.

Just because it says this in the T&Cs doesn't mean the venue can legally do any of this. Grabbing someone's camera could lead to a charge of assault. Destroying their property is potentially criminal damage.

The most the venue can legally do is require the photographer to leave. No confiscation. No destruction of images or media.

Yes agreed. Venue seems to be covering its backside.

What about my right to do my job without some ape distracting me with a flash? And what about my right to decline having my photograph taken on private property?

I don't see why it should have to be a legal requirement in order to behave appropriately or observe and abide by the etiquette of the situation they are in. And also you should be obilged to consider others in any public space, most of all a place where other people have paid to be.

Found this and I have to say I agree with it.

nickprior

Veteran
What about my right to do my job without some ape distracting me with a flash?
In general, no such right exists unless the ape carries on well after the time you asked it to stop in which case it becomes harrassment. Your employer may hold differing views ...

And what about my right to decline having my photograph taken on private property?
On your private property, you can set any conditions for entry you like. On someone else's property, so can they. In public of course, no such right exists in the UK at any rate.

MissTillyFlop

In general, no such right exists unless the ape carries on well after the time you asked it to stop in which case it becomes harrassment. Your employer may hold differing views ...

I think if us actors refused to go on, there's not a whole heap that the management could do other than to eject the person in question.

On your private property, you can set any conditions for entry you like. On someone else's property, so can they. In public of course, no such right exists in the UK at any rate.

A theatre is private property, hence why you have to pay to get in.

Top Bottom