Inattention at the wheel.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Given I followed a car the other day (In my wife's car 'cos I no longer own one.) which wandered from literally brushing the kerb with resulting smoke from the sidewalls to being 3 feet over the central white line and varying in speed from 40 to 60 mph, some motorists find all sorts of things to do on the move instead of driving. When I stopped along side it at a set of traffic lights where I was turning right, the young lady driving it (well she was in the seat behind the steering wheel.) was attempting to redo her make-up in the rear view mirror. Presumably she had been doing it whilst on the move.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I was going g to quote this very scenario on another thread but decided against it in case I was accused of sexism. There are loads of inattentive male drivers but school run mum's fixing their make-up is something I see all the time. One of the main reasons I prefer going earlier than the average school run.

byegad

Legendary Member
Well today I saw a male driver texting at the wheel, so yes it's not a gender related problem! It's just that the one I quoted originally was fresh in my mind.

Top Bottom