Incident with arrogant tow truck driver mounting cyclepath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I do think laws should be obeyed. But its common sense to find out why the law was being broken to begin with

Why....

if you are woken in the night to find burglar bill in your house , is he breaking the law or would it depend on his reason for being there,.... or is it only certain laws that have get out clauses depending on the law breakers reason for doing so.

Last edited:
OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Victor Smutchin. Your making it up to suit your own ends now. Nobody said it "veered" It turned and mounted the path.It sounds as though it was under control.

I do think laws should be obeyed. But its common sense to find out why the law was being broken to begin with. Its not always black and white. Nobody knows why the truck was parked there. Its speculation.

It was not out of control, he just calmly mounted the path and drove towards me with bit of a 'get out of my way' look on his face, like he was surprised to see a cyclist on a ....cyclepath.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Because there are exceptions and mitigating circumstances. If you want to learn more buy the Police Review. All sorts of things in it. you would like it.

ok, but as the op says the truck was driven under control, towards a cyclist on the cyclepath , parked on the cycle path and moved on shortly after , I think we can say it hadn't broken down, so, genuine question, what mitigating curcumstances could there be in this situation.

Last edited:
possible I suppose but considering he was gone a few minutes later , I doubt it , if I had to pull over like that due to being unwell I woulnt be driving within a few mins , in fact not at all until I was sure whatever it was isn't going to re occur

vickster

Legendary Member
ok, but as the op says the truck was driven under control, towards a cyclist on the cyclepath , parked on the cycle path and moved on shortly after , I think we can say it hadn't broken down, so, genuine question, what mitigating curcumstances could there be in this situation.
His phone rang or he needed to update his sat nav...oh hang on, that seemingly never caused many a (truck) driver to pull over before :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom