Inconsiderate cyclists.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Pavement cycling is worse because bikes shouldn't really be there. I had a chav pass by me today doing a wheelie and the the idiot wasn't stopping for anyone!:angry: I would've loved to have put a stick through his back spokes!:thumbsup:

Are chavs classed as cyclists?:headshake:

Maylian

Veteran
Pavement cycling is worse because bikes shouldn't really be there. I had a chav pass by me today doing a wheelie and the the idiot wasn't stopping for anyone!:angry: I would've loved to have put a stick through his back spokes!:thumbsup:

Are chavs classed as cyclists?:headshake:

Nope, I barely recognise them as humans!

I once had a woman shout at me for being on my bike in a crowded area. I wasn't moving as it had got busy and I didn't try to get off as I knew I'd take someone out if I swung my leg over so I stood and waited until a space opened up. She made eye contact with me and walked into my bike and then proceeded to berate me for it. I pointed out that I was stood still in a shared use area and there wasn't much else I could have done but she just seemed to be one of those people that likes to pick an argument.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Could you see what club they were from? Might be worth a letter to the club sec,

Its not my sort of thing to follow up to try and get them pulled up I just hope that I wasn't the only one to shout and they start to realise that they are being a bit loutish.
It was just unfortunate because the weather was lovely everyone seemed to be out enjoying the fresh summer air and it was so unnecessary to act and ride the way they did.
It's not really a question of them getting pulled up. I would expect the club secretary to be interested to hear about this sort of behaviour and then just issue a polite reminder to club members on the etiquette required of them whilst sporting club colours. Most clubs want to be well thought of and comments along these lines would help to improve general behaviour.

subaqua

What’s the point
It's not really a question of them getting pulled up. I would expect the club secretary to be interested to hear about this sort of behaviour and then just issue a polite reminder to club members on the etiquette required of them whilst sporting club colours. Most clubs want to be well thought of and comments along these lines would help to improve general behaviour.

unless of course one of the riders was the club sec

Stonepark

Über Member
If you see them again, take inspiration from the battle scene in Braveheart as the English Heavy Cavalry charge the Scottish lines.

on the road

Über Member
Got to be Liverpool Murcury, they're a grumpy bunch:whistle:

I blame Strava. Looking at the "Silly STRAVA Racing" thread, I looked a bit more into it, look at the segments in Strava and looked at Otterspool Prom and noticed there are a few segments there. I often walk down there with my dog and it annoys me that some cyclists use it at a race track, and now I know why. There's at least 3 segments for Otterspool Prom and looking at the speeds, some are doing typically 26 mph along there according to the time that they've posted.

Fundamental to our understanding of this antisocial tendency is that we are discussing here people who pay no Road Tax.

I also have opinions on Syria, the welfare state and the price of light bulbs. I am willing to share these views.

All involve, of course, the issue of road tax and its non-payment by certain communities of road users.

I hope I have helped, but fear I have not.

Top Bottom