Increase commuting distance - route East London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Hi aka88 Dont worry about your bike for the dun run From what I have read people do it on all sorts ie mountain bikes, roadbikes, recumbants and I believe some mad buggers have tried on unicycles !! Whilst I commute 120 - 150 miles a week on my £30 e bay roadbike I have never ridden more than 30 miles in 1 go. You have as you say just got to get out and get some miles in. Bring it on

Tynan

Veteran
chris, can't help you there, sorry, it ain't far from me but not my way, I go west through Tottenham etc

from what I recall of driving down the A13 that's a bear of a big road and a bit bloody fast, they has to be a good road apart from that I'd have thought?

ak, go clipless asap, they're brill after an initial period of getting used to them

do consider which type though and what sort of shoes more importantly, spds are fine but you can get shoes that let you walk around, I went for roadie ones and hobbling around isn't much fun and it's not good for the floor

getting a decent new bike soon and moves afoot to sign up with Lea Valley Cycle Club, they ride from Walthamstow town hall a few miles away, no idea where I'll fine the time from though

as for the Dunwich route, I'd cycle from Highams Park to London Fields to start and them almost exaclty retrace my route back to Epping Forest, ho hum

robjs

ak88 said:
robjs - thanks for the route - I might actually consider that route - whats the Stratford one way like? Been round at the weekend and it wasn't too bad. But rush hour?

That's a bearable route at rush hour - to be honest, it's not exactly the best part of the world to be riding in at that time of the day anyway. I tag that loop on to my commute when I want to boost the morning run up (gets me to ~25 miles in the morning).

Whereabouts do you live ak? Could perhaps go out and do some miles together at some point if you like!

iwf

Count me in. 120 miles in July, sounds like the perfect goal for this year's cycling.

Must start thinking about longer runs.

Just had a thought. We could all turn up at my Ex Wife's house on Sunday for breakfast. 100 cyclists would really wind her up.

Tynan

Veteran
cyclechat posse go!

excellent

deal with your ex wife on your own, tsk

when i ran this jaunt past the lady wife, the narrow eyes started until she realised it was a night ride at which point she said something like 'so I'll e asleep and won't even know you're doing it, why would I care, suits me fine'

I'm not sure she's quite grasped the whole picture but good enough for me

ChrisKH

Guru
Tynan said:
chris, can't help you there, sorry, it ain't far from me but not my way, I go west through Tottenham etc

from what I recall of driving down the A13 that's a bear of a big road and a bit bloody fast, they has to be a good road apart from that I'd have thought?

I had you down as an East-West guy for some reason. But thanks anyway.

Top Bottom