increasing my Manchester commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
therams said:
You will see me on Parrs Wood road every morning and evening. Its a good run for south Manchester, not too many lights and wide enough so cars don't really bother you. Never gets too busy either (not when I am there anyway)

I normally do the whole road on my way home, then loop back through Didsbury village.

You never know we may have bumped into each other..... look out for a very bright red fixed from next week - has been a blue MTB for the last 18 months.

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
fossyant said:
Might have my chance to check out the Bob Jackson or Ribbles then....coming to Didsbury is my hunting grounds.

If coming out that way - go into town via Parrs Wood Road

fossy, why dont you divert via willmslow road? will be joining at fallowfield on monday.

therams

fossyant said:
You never know we may have bumped into each other..... look out for a very bright red fixed from next week - has been a blue MTB for the last 18 months.

I am on a white Allez Sport, normally ride into town at 7:30 and out again just before 5:00. Generally, out of breath and sweating a lot, getter faster and (a bit) thinner though:biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I usually finish in Didsbury..that's my base..... I do not like Wilmslow road - my speed vs buses, vs students -

I'll be going into town via Parrs Wood Rd on Tuesday..... probably about 7.45 - got a meeting - so if you see someone struggling to stop a fixed wheel bike....it's me.....:sad:

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
parrs wood road to fallowfield, then willmslow road to town?
I could end up on willmslow road at fallowfield on tuesday but im always a little later on tuesdays, wouldnt hit willmslow road until about 8:30 to 8:40 i recon.

I would only slow you down anyway :sad: i aint fast.

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
therams said:
Were going to need a secret cycle chat wave ;)

110px-Sign_language_C.svg.png

Like that but with both hands?

therams

Tharg2007 said:
110px-Sign_language_C.svg.png

Like that but with both hands?

So are we going to see lots of people riding around Manchester looking like crabs! ;)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Not looking good for tomorrow's weather, Tharg!

I'll cruise on down to the Bus Stop outside Kulshi (round on the main road) tomorrow at 8am, and we can make a decision as to whether to do the longer route or not then.

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
might not be so bad, weather underground reports chance of rain with wind from the ESE, might be enough of a cross wind to push us up wilmslow road when we get there.

therams

It cant get much worse than last week, I have never known a head wind; both to and from work.

Will be there, tomorrow just before 8:00 as always. Not sure where the car keys are anymore.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
therams said:
It cant get much worse than last week, I have never known a head wind; both to and from work.

Will be there, tomorrow just before 8:00 as always. Not sure where the car keys are anymore.
I'm assuming you mean on Parrs Wood Road/Fallowfield... rather than at the bus stop near us. :biggrin:

therams

Sh4rkyBloke said:
I'm assuming you mean on Parrs Wood Road/Fallowfield... rather than at the bus stop near us. :biggrin:

I hope to stay well clear of buses this week, lets hope they stay clear of me!

Top Bottom