Independant Food chains , Restaurants

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clid61

Veteran
Our local restarant , Old Cross Tapas in Ashton , opened up last week for takeaway collections . Mandy has been making food for homeless whilst closed.
Glad she's back and the takeaway was gorgeous .

Support your local restaurant people , sod MD BJ nandos etc

Slick

Guru
My local hotel never closed and has also contributing to feeding pensioners rather than homeless. I've only bought a couple of meals but I do like supporting local and I think we all need to consider who gets our cash if we ever get out of this.

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
My local hotel never closed and has also contributing to feeding pensioners rather than homeless. I've only bought a couple of meals but I do like supporting local and I think we all need to consider who gets our cash if we ever get out of this.
Don't do the chains , but know where my cash is going :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My Local cafe has reopened for takeaway only. They spent the time lin lockdown gutting and reburishing the place, inside and out. Looks really smart. Will be popping down at the weekend to get a takeaway Turkish brekkie for me and a full English for my partner.

For the last three Wednesdays we have had a butter chicken with rice and a naan take away from our local Indian restuarant called Handi.
Mary likes the butter chicken while I would like to try something else occasionally.

Mike

GetFatty

Über Member
Yep I've been ordering food from my local Greek restaurant and my local micropub have also been doing deliveries so I've ordered stuff from them. The Mediterranean Supermarket a few doors away closed for a couple of weeks for the safety of staff. Even though they have re-opened, I'm sharing my business with the little convenience store round the corner that stayed open and kept me supplied with beer! :smile::cheers:

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
I've been using the local pub every week for a takeaway and I'm not going to be sniffy about the chains, they employ loads of kids and in many cases will pay them better than the local independant, we need all of them.
Good point

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Our local Italian has been collection/delivery most of lockdown, and was excellent. The local Chinese take-away is re-opening next week for collection/delivery so I think we'll be ordering for my daughter's birthday.

vickster

Legendary Member
Our local restarant , Old Cross Tapas in Ashton , opened up last week for takeaway collections . Mandy has been making food for homeless whilst closed.
Glad she's back and the takeaway was gorgeous .

Support your local restaurant people , sod MD BJ nandos etc
What's BJ?

I've had one curry takeaway early after lockdown and one Chinese (they reopened a couple of weeks ago). The coffees I've had have mostly come from independents (a few from Costa machines I'll admit)

Top Bottom