Independant Food chains , Restaurants

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
What's BJ?

I've had one curry takeaway early after lockdown and one Chinese (they reopened a couple of weeks ago). The coffees I've had have mostly come from independents (a few from Costa machines I'll admit)
OOPS meant FB frankie and Bennys

AndyRM

XOXO
The Restaurant Group, which owns Frankie and Benny's, is closing 120 of them. Nearly 3,000 jobs gone. Most of their Chiquito branches are closing too, which is another 1,500.

Much as I like and support independents, there is a place for large chains and losing that number of jobs is not a good thing.

Julia9054

Guru
Major Tom’s Social - a Bar in Harrogate - did an online beer tasting session. You ordered a pack of 4 beers, picked them up and drank them whilst on Zoom, their head barman chatted to us with tasting notes and how they were brewed. There were about 8 households taking part - it was a very pleasant evening (Which, unsurprisingly, got less awkward as the session went on!)
They have been doing beer and pizza takeouts at weekends and selling vouchers to be redeemed when they fully open again.

dodgy

When does a restaurant go from independent to non-independent? The title of the thread is "Independant Food chains", suggesting it's about food establishments that are in a chain of more than one?

Top Bottom