Indicator of cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

I can tell it's cold out there this morning. Nothing to do with the white frost on the ground, or the frost glistening from every leaf, twig, blade of grass. Oh no. It's my poor male pheasant. Poor thing. He comes every morning for a feed. This morning all the feathers on his back & tail are covered in a white rime of ice. :biggrin:

He's stuffing his face with peanuts and pecking at a fatball to get some energy into himself to warm up.

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

And today's cycle ride will be done on my 'bent trike. It's slippy out there and the 'bent is far more stable than the upright in such conditions.

tomb1960

I took the precaution of putting my chickens' water dispenser in the greenhouse overnight, it's frozen solid this morning, my sweet-peas don't look too happy either!

Don't think that 'our' garden spiders will be overjoyed this morning (freezing fog) ;)
2008_0217Frost0002.jpg

2008_0217Frost0001.jpg

Found an ice stalagmite
2008_0217Frost0003.jpg

but no matching 'tite
2008_0217Frost0004.jpg

.... The 'Wonders of Nature' ?:biggrin:

Fiona N

Veteran
Patrick Stevens said:
Another indicator of cold is a sudden silence on the subject of global warming. Parts of my garden have been under frost for six days now.

So what - I remember when I wer' a lass we had hard frost for weeks on end with 20 feet of snow as well... and that was the Pennines not Scotland. And the winter of 1981 when Leeds was like Siberia - even the Ripper didn't venture out.

I do wish people wouldn't confuse weather and climate

Fiona N said:
So what - I remember when I wer' a lass we had hard frost for weeks on end with 20 feet of snow as well... and that was the Pennines not Scotland. And the winter of 1981 when Leeds was like Siberia - even the Ripper didn't venture out.

So, what's the Yorshire dialect for, "It were so cold that even the serial killers stayed indoors?"

Bigtallfatbloke

yes...what happened to the sunny day in the sowf they promised us last night? I'm sitting here waiting for th efog to clear ...I have to ride today because I stuffed my face last night with a bar of evil (chocolate) in anticipation of a 60 mile r in the sunshine...but it's not nice out there...if I get fat agin I am going to sue the beeb weather centre.

Top Bottom