IndieVelo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
Anyone giving IndieVelo a try?

I've been dabbling off and on for the last few weeks (I'm usually on Zwift) and It seems pretty good to me. Graphics, connectivity, routes all fine but I wonder if I'm the only real life person on there, just surrounded by bots (with very questionable names!) when I'm riding.

Not yet tried group rides or races, but are 'real' riders invisible whilst I'm on the free start up version? All a bit weird.

johnblack

Über Member
Yep I'm on there, use it two or three times a week, enjoying it.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Yep I'm on there, use it two or three times a week, enjoying it.
I like the different race formats, but I don't like the fact that so many of the opponents are bots. In the few races I've done, I've either won easily, or been left for dead before miraculously coming back to win or nearly win (almost as if the bots are putting their brakes on, having realised it wasn't close enough...)

The workouts work well. I still prefer the customisability of Zwift's workouts, and their on-screen prompts/messages.

Indoors, I really can't see the point of just riding around for the sake of riding around.

johnblack

Über Member
I like the different race formats, but I don't like the fact that so many of the opponents are bots. In the few races I've done, I've either won easily, or been left for dead before miraculously coming back to win or nearly win (almost as if the bots are putting their brakes on, having realised it wasn't close enough...)

The workouts work well. I still prefer the customisability of Zwift's workouts, and their on-screen prompts/messages.

Indoors, I really can't see the point of just riding around for the sake of riding around.

I like some of their training sessions, plus I'm happy to hop on for an hour at Z2 when I don't have the time to go out, not tried the racing but I shall give it a pop

Top Bottom