Indonesian police steal Bromptons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
:eek:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
What's the betting they never see their bikes again? Sounds like corrupt police can see an opportunity to make some money exploiting this loophole. Should be nothing to do with police but Trading Standards if they have such a thing which I doubt. The certification thing is bull.

Last edited:

sdawila

the story is real, the impact of the news above were not as described in the quoted paper. it did happen though, the brompton bikes were being seized from the shops or anyone that sell brompton without SNI sticker (Indonesian National Standard) in the bike frames. I personally have no problem and have been around on brompton and I have no SNI stickers on my brompton. the latest models (2020) do come with SNI stickers.

again, the story is real but it's not it. I am based in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's assuming the same level of honesty and incorruptibility amoungst officials in Europe apply there, not always the case

Last edited:

Shreds

Better never take my shop modified Brompton there then. (Carbon Fibre Campag chainset) .

Does smack of undeclared tariffs and corruption though.

Bromptons as built are annoyingly bombproof and a fabulous “normal bike” ride, Something most small wheelers with the exception of the outstanding Moultons are not. A real shame Alex Moulton and Andrew Ritchie never colaborated; but they were competitiors. (Just think a lightweight folding suspension Moulton - la creme de la creme!

Top Bottom