Indoor, cycle rear wheel drive resistance trainor.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doug.

Veteran
Hello.

Re. above I am tempted to buy one of the above.
Has any rider experience of them ?
Are they incredibly boring to use ?
Possibly very good and can be recommended.
Please your advice and opinion.
Thank you.

young Ed

Veteran
loads of us on here have them, mainly for winter and when injured.

don't have one my self but they are supposed to be pretty good, you can get bored on them but try music of sprint intervals where you go flat out for 10 seconds or 30 seconds or a minute, or you can get training vids on dvd or youtube or online etc to watch on a laptop of tv etc, these have the cockpit view from a rider and you are meant to feel like you are this rider and you are riding in the alps or where ever. also having a device such as a garmin edge 500 with cadence and heart rate etc on them adds interest as you can compare different attempts and efforts, of course you can get a much cheaper device on ebay that has cadence and HRM
Cheers Ed

screenman

Legendary Member
So I wonder people can sit for hours wasting time watching tv, talking on forums etc. And no get bored. But doing something beneficial is boring, wrong mind set I say.

young Ed

Veteran
So I wonder people can sit for hours wasting time watching tv, talking on forums etc. And no get bored. But doing something beneficial is boring, wrong mind set I say.
don't get the TV thing (we have never had one in the house) but there is always something happening on this forum and one or two others where as on the turbo you are sitting there just spinning the legs staring at the same white wall, concrete wall, christmas tree or mona lisa (what ever you have in your house) and nothing new or exciting is happening, you don't have any cars/traffic or even peds etc to look out for and watch

basically as there is nothing happening and it is just the same thing you can probably get bored rather easily
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom