Indoor training is brutal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
My fan is 18" and I had on setting 2 of 3 yesterday. Really going to have to turn it up to max. this evening and open a window.

I have read that calibration needs to be done after it's been in use for at least 10 minutes. Not sure if I should be calibrating with Elite app or in Zwift. Probably Zwift as I'm not interested in using the Elite app.
Unfortunately you're gonna have to use the manufacturer's calibration software/app, Zwift doesn't calibrate trainers.

Yes do a 10 minute or so ride, then calibrate, then carry on riding

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I started using Zwift for the first time a few weeks back as well. It is pretty tough at first, with things like the heat and also not really being able to coast downhills amongst other things.

Whilst I have no strong desire for the racing I have had a lot of enjoyment from just riding and exploring the various routes in Watopia. The amount of detail the designers have put into the various zones is amazing, from the Mayan ruins to the Dinosaurs roaming free in Titans Grove, it's a real delight to just ride and explore.

I'll probably check out some of the workouts as well, there are a few there that look appealing and might be useful.

OP
OP
Dan77

Dan77

It seems indoor training....or more likely the saddle on my new bike....is also brutal on my privates. I don't want any more kids but I don't want the thing to drop off either.

I'm going to try tilting the saddle forward a little but if that doesn't work I think I'll have to swap the saddle off the hybrid until I figure out which one to get. Never had an issue with that one though. How do you even choose a saddle?! Not like it's easy to try a load of them.

rivers

How far can I go?
I started using zwift during lockdown. I combine it with zoom turbo sessions with my coach, it makes it more bearable, plus I can load my workout into the program to see my target watts. It also makes sessions on my own a bit more fun. I'm part of a team for the zwift racing series at the minute. In the height of lockdown before we could cycle with friends, we used to have a weekly ride where we chatted on discord while completing a longer ride on zwift. We usually had some sort of long workout that we were doing and it just made it more bearable. We couldn't go out together, but we could still ride together on zwift. Our longest rides were over 3 hours in length, which is a long time on the trainer.

unlikely

I done my first ever Zwift session earlier, and it was brutal.

I'm currently sat feeling absolutely f****d.
I can't even remember the last time I've felt this worn out, and I only done a 45minutes session!

Gunk

Guru
I only came to it about a year ago and have recently built up a dedicated bike which sits on the Tacx permanently.

It is tougher than a “normal” ride as there is no freewheeling, you are peddling all the time, however I enjoy it, I like beating my PB’s and it’s a easy way to keep fitness levels up through the winter.

newts

Veteran
I find an hour is usually enough for an indoor trainer, it can get a bit uncomfortable as the bike is rigid. I built a simple rocker plate during the first lock down which has increased comfort a great deal. Zwift 'pack' rides cover several w/kg groups, discord on this group is OK if you like that sort of thing. I use a tower fan with remote control for cooling/draught, garage door is open in all but the roughest weather.

Gunk

Guru
I find an hour is usually enough for an indoor trainer, it can get a bit uncomfortable as the bike is rigid. I built a simple rocker plate during the first lock down which has increased comfort a great deal. Zwift 'pack' rides cover several w/kg groups, discord on this group is OK if you like that sort of thing. I use a tower fan with remote control for cooling/draught, garage door is open in all but the roughest weather.

I need CPR after about 30 minutes!

Norry1

Legendary Member
I started using zwift during lockdown. I combine it with zoom turbo sessions with my coach, it makes it more bearable, plus I can load my workout into the program to see my target watts. It also makes sessions on my own a bit more fun. I'm part of a team for the zwift racing series at the minute. In the height of lockdown before we could cycle with friends, we used to have a weekly ride where we chatted on discord while completing a longer ride on zwift. We usually had some sort of long workout that we were doing and it just made it more bearable. We couldn't go out together, but we could still ride together on zwift. Our longest rides were over 3 hours in length, which is a long time on the trainer.

Which team and league are you in?

Top Bottom