Infamous sportsmen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
In the sports section of a Korat based forum, someone mentioned Lance Armstrong. Now I am not starting another Armstrong thread but it got me thinking of other sportsmen who we remember for different things.
I will give you two names and these will be in the dark recesses of your mind if you are of a certain age. Without doing an internet search, what are Tony Kay and Boris Onishchenko remembered for?

thom

____
In the sports section of a Korat based forum, someone mention Lance Armstrong. Now I am not starting another Armstrong thread but it got me thinking of other sportsmen who we remember for different things.
I will give you two names and these will be in the dark recesses of your mind if you are of a certain age. Without doing an internet search, what are Tony Kay and Boris Onishchenko remembered for?
Boris was the Russian fencer who tampered with his implement in one of the Olympics innit ?
I think he had a very hard time when back in Russia.
Was Tony Kay his opponent or from another incident ?

OP
OP
mr_hippo

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Boris was the Russian fencer who tampered with his implement in one of the Olympics innit ?
I think he had a very hard time when back in Russia.
Was Tony Kay his opponent or from another incident ?
Boris was indeed the Russian fencer, Montreal Olympics
Tony Kay was a completely different incident about 12 years earler. Extra clue Tony Kay had two accomplices Peter Swan and 'Bronco' Layne

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Tony Kay was an Everton player wasn't he - took a few bribes as I recall.

That links to a certain goalkeeper who may or may not have accepted bribes

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Jimmy Saville.........

U

User169

Chicago White Sox
Douglas Jardine
Michel Pollentier
Dora Ratjen

Top Bottom