Infinity seat - a new take on saddles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's the Terry Liberator saddle again, isn't it?
Handy Hint.
If you think you've invented something, chances are you've done no research into prior art. There are very few new things, but a lot of things that came out a decade ago and were abandoned as being crap. They're still crap now.

Known in certain circles as the 'Laberator'

Globalti

Legendary Member
There's another fundamental problem with that design, literally fundamental in fact: there's nothing bracing the saddle fore and aft to prevent it from folding up under the weight of the rider, the support being only at the front and back. In order to prevent folding the side rails, hidden under the padding, must need to be massively strong and rigid and hence, presumably, heavy.

Just like a step-through bike frame, in fact.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I just checked and KT has done 3,956.2 km in 25 days with this saddle.
She had problems with it on the first day, after which she re-fitted it.

Last edited:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
The only opinions here which seem to be based on direct knowledge are those quoted by @Dogtrousers, so I'd say they're the ones which carry weight. I think the saddle Kajsa is using is the far more conservatively styled L series, which according to the manufacturer's blurb does keep some weight on the pelvic bones.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I must admit I was being a little mischievous when I posted this.

Whenever a "new" idea pops up, such as a new saddle, or a continuously variable transmission, a whacky lighting system with "safety" features, an expanding chainwheel, a spokeless wheel, it's always greeted with angry cries that it's been done before, it can't possibly work, stop wasting our time (which, strictly, should be stop inviting us to waste our own time). This is a pretty easy thing to do because most of the time these things are daft ideas. It doesn't actually require any thinking: Q: New product idea? A: It's stupid. The end. I don't know why people bother getting so worked up.

When I saw the infinity saddle back at the time of the OP I was of broadly the same opinion as most - it looks like a daft idea, it will probably fail. So I was interested when KT said she was going to get one, and I had the opportunity to discuss it with her. Her opinion was that she'd tried everything else, had been suffering from pressure sores for several months, so anything was worth a go.

So I was interested to see whether people would review their initial "first glance" dismissal in the face of a bit of empirical evidence: a product that has been used successfully (admittedly only by one specific individual) for quite a significant amount of riding (4,000 km in just shy of a month). I wasn't hopeful. And I was right not to be. ;)

As you were.

(Have I told you about my new gearing system ...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom