Inflatable trekking mattress

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Trekology UL80 is good for the price, but 50% over your weight and price caps at ~750g, £44.
Sadly lacking insulation though so not great on colder nights, say 1.5 season

Thanks, I ordered two of this at £39 each

Alpkit Numo is excellent - 350g for £47.99. https://alpkit.com/products/numo

This was a serious contender.

I just saw this one but it looks interesting - Thanks for suggesting it.

Jackslad

This is definitely one to consider seriously, thank you.

This is another contender but a bit unsure of its durability, very light weight though.

Thank you for suggesting it.
Just used the Trekology UL80 as a practice for the HCW (starting Monday). really comfortable and packs small. As a 'big' bloke, I don't worry too much about a few extra gear ounces! BTW, see Paul Messner's review of this mat on YouTube.(

View: https://youtu.be/bEpRNbf44zc
)

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I use the Aplkit one in the summer months, in spring/autumn I supplement it with some insulated radiator backing. It is no good at all in winter for me. I have to use a much bigger thermarest.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Glad the OP has found one or two that suit. Like the Aldi man upthread, my (orange Crivit) Lidl one has seen me OK (edit £16 iirc).
177cm by 48cm and 6cm deep. Rolls to 20cm long and 8cm diameter so compact. Weighs 480g.
Pressed into action for the 2019 PBP sleep stops and for a night close to a road in Les Alpes de Haute Provence (as well as by daughter for Ten Tors and DofE).

Last edited:
Glad the OP has found one or two that suit. Like the Aldi man upthread, my (orange Crivit) Lidl one has seen me OK.
177cm by 48cm and 6cm deep. Rolls to 20cm long and 8cm diameter so compact. Weighs 480g.
Pressed into action for the 2019 PBP sleep stops and for a night close to a road in Les Alpes de Haute Provence (as well as by daughter for Ten Tors and DofE).

I too picked up the Lidl one, about 17 quid at the time, works well enough for me

I too picked up the Lidl one, about 17 quid at the time, works well enough for me
I actually have one (seems well made) but haven't used yet - can I ask what seasons/temps you have used it in?

I actually have one (seems well made) but haven't used yet - can I ask what seasons/temps you have used it in?

morning, I’d say 2-3 season depending on what other ‘sleep System’ componants you use

mine range from mattress, sleeping bag and basha to mattress, bivvi, lightweight sleeping bag plus liner and basha.

I usually carry a couple of recycling bags as a ground sheet to protect the kit (these are free from MK council and weigh nothing) and get recycled at the end of the trip

I would say I sleep fairly warm though so your And other people’s tolerance may differ from mine. I have actually thought about a reflective foil sheet as an add on - again, lightweight and cheap as an add on.

I used a Vango 3/4 length inflatable mat + about 1/3 lenth of closed cell foam mat⁰. I had a backup for the inevitable puncture, a double layer for colder nights and a sit mat for cold wet ground.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I have both the decathlon lightweight mat (older version in red) and the trekology ul80. Neither mat is any good in cold weather but I have found that an emergency foil blanket between the mat and body makes a hugemungus difference. There are reusable plastic sheet emergency blankets costing around £7. Mine is about 6 years old and still good.
Comfiest mat I've ever used though is easily the ul80. Trekologys matching pillow is also worth its weight in gold. Very comfy indeed. And stays in place with the strap.

Top Bottom