Inhaler troubles.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not sure if anyone has any advice here, but I have run out of my Ventolin inhaler (silly I know.) I was hoping to get out cycling all week in the evenings but with the cold weather, it makes my asthma play up. I can't get to my local GP until next week, has anyone used any online pharmacies ? Hopefully I can get one by tomorrow.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I've used Superdrug online pharmacy but they are not quick (not tomorrow quick anyway) and you will need to register

OP
OP
F

frankiemann93

I've used Superdrug online pharmacy but they are not quick (not tomorrow quick anyway) and you will need to register
Yeah I had heard they weren't very quick! Superdrug don't tend to have the best reviews. Thanks though, gives me one to avoid, that's for sure!

tom73

Guru
Mrs 73 uses pharmacy to u great service. Much better than the dragons you use to have to deal with at our pharmacy.
If your on electronic prescriptions and on repeat can you not just get it sent and pick it up as normal?

OP
OP
F

frankiemann93

Can't you phone your local pharmacy to request the repeat prescription - should be next day at worse ? Or is it not on repeat ?
Did try speaking to them last night but they said it wouldn't be back till Friday at the earliest! So instead i bought off e-Surgery. It should be with me later today, actually seemed more straight forward than using my regular pharmacy.
Thanks for the help guys.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Did try speaking to them last night but they said it wouldn't be back till Friday at the earliest! So instead i bought off e-Surgery. It should be with me later today, actually seemed more straight forward than using my regular pharmacy.
Thanks for the help guys.

That's madness. Basic stuff should be available much quicker. Our pharmacy is somewhat 'dippy' to put it politely, but they are open late, so those of us who work can actually get in.

lane

Veteran
I can't really help but this is how mine works so you may be able to get something similar set up at your GP. I post a repeat prescription through the GP door in the evening when they are closed and they send it usually next day to ASDA who have a pharmacy open until 10pm so I can collect in the evening. I could do it online rather than post through the door if I could be bothered to set it up. You should be able to set up something similar.

Jimidh

Veteran
If only you lived in Scotland you could have popped into your local pharmacy who could have written an emergency prescription and provided it to you straight away free of charge.

lane

Veteran
Might be worth popping into the local pharmacy and seeing if you can get one without a prescription

Jimidh

Veteran
Might be worth popping into the local pharmacy and seeing if you can get one without a prescription
This is possible but some pharmacists are useless and can’t be arsed or don’t want to take responsibility.

Luckily up here we have a proper system to allow emergency supplies via a PGD which keeps everything above board.

OP
OP
F

frankiemann93

Thanks for the help guys! Any one else suffer with asthma issues on here? Did look at a few places but the one I ordered yesterday afternoon came today. Thank god for the internet! It seems e-Surgery were better than Superdrug online,for sure.

Top Bottom